• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
bogranjac1
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Perth Western Australia

Post by bogranjac1 »

Hello to all members, over the next 12 months I hope to chat with some and learn about the Albin 25/27 boats with a view towards gaining sufficient knowledge to purchase a suitable vessel.
I have posted a short summary on my profile as to my intentions and (dreams) :D
regards
Brett
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: New member

Post by WillieC »

(I have taken the liberty of copying and pasting your profile to make it easier to follow and comment. I hope that is ok.)

"Interests:
My reason for joining this group is to increase my knowledge of the Albin 25/27 boats and hopefully purchase a suitable craft with trailer. My intention is to base this vessel on the west coast of Canada where, over the next 10 years ( health permitting ) explore the Inside Passage for 3-6 months each year. I visit Canada and USA for 3-6 on a regular yearly basis and look forward to exploring the waterways.
I presently have a trailer craft which I now have based on the east coast of Australia.

First...Welcome aboard! How interesting to have someone like you here at AOG. You have good taste in selecting a location to base yourself. We are farther south on an arm of the Puget Sound, Hood Canal. We are partial to the A25, but this is our first boat. You'll likely want more room if there are more than two of you. Good luck in your search!

Second...what the heck is a bludger? I could look it up, but I want to hear you explain it. Do keep us posted on your progress!
bogranjac1
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Perth Western Australia

Post by bogranjac1 »

Hi WillieC,
The 27 I think will suit best, yes there will be two of us, myself and my shelia.
Ha ha, now about the bludger thing.......
Maybe when I know you all better.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

okay, you made me look it up...
Now we GOTTA hear the details!
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

bogranjac1,

Welcome to the forum! (I'm a newbie, so I don't really have the right)

Please tell me, what is that vessel in your profile pic? It looks very interesting!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! Australia, eh? Since you're planning on cruising BC, Canada, another group you might consider contacting is the Albineers of BC. Their page is here:

http://www.albinbc.com/

They also have a classified advert page, and as of now there are two A25 listings active that so far seems to indicate they haven't sold yet, the "Elfine" and the "Mary Ellen". The former powered by the OEM Volvo MD17C, the latter re-powered with a 32 HP Mitsubishi Sole engine.

In the 2019 pictures tab there are photos of club rendezvous. Both WillieC and I attended the Ladysmith one last July, he by land and myself with my boat. Great bunch of folks.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
saltypaws
Mate
Mate
Home Port: port charlotte fl. March 2019 Relocated to Clifton Royal New Brunswic

Post by saltypaws »

Steve, this is salty paws ( Dave Peacock) We plan to trailer Lola Girl from Clifton Royal N.B. to Ottawa this summer. We plan to do the Rideau canal and Thousand Islands and back. We have a daughter who lives in Ottawa. We May leave Lola Girl in Ottawa and do the Trent Severn next year.
We may meet up somewhere along the way. Happy Cruising.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Saltypaws,

We'll keep you in mind & PM our schedule & locations as we get closer. Fingers crossed that the CoVid 19 situation doesn't get too much worse & throw a monkey wrench into our plans. Time frame mid July through August.
triangleloopmap.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”