• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Ltstewart
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Myakka City

Post by Ltstewart »

Hey everyone I am a Florida firefighter looking for an A25 so my family can have some adventures on the ICW here in Florida. Hope to buy one before spring. Wish us luck!
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: New member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! Good luck with your search! There was one advertised in Braden, FL. This may be an old ad & not current, but wouldn't hurt to try to contact the owner

https://www.ocean7.com/tortoise/

And this one in Satellite Beach over on the east coast near Melbourne. This is an older 1970 model, but has a 30 HP Yanmar similar to ours. Again, it's hard to tell if the ad is current & the boat is still available.

https://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/61779

Otherwise there are several A27s on the market in Florida as wall as an Albin 34 in Englewood, which is a bigger 12 ft beam boat with Cummins engine that would do well on the ICW but not easily trailerable. Albin 25's tend to be rare on the east coast.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Ltstewart
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Myakka City

Post by Ltstewart »

The 1 in Melbourne sold and no response from the Bradenton boat. I'm looking for trailerable the 27 is not going to work. There is 1 in Oregon and 1 in Canada. Dont know if they are worth shipping here to Sarasota fl.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

The 1 in Melbourne sold and no response from the Bradenton boat. I'm looking for trailerable the 27 is not going to work. There is 1 in Oregon and 1 in Canada. Dont know if they are worth shipping here to Sarasota fl.
Patience, grasshopper. It takes diligence to find one as these boats are quite rare, even more so than the 27. When we bought ours there were only three we could find listed online for sale anywhere in the US and two in British Columbia. We had already been checking listings for months. The three US boats were in Idaho, Texas, and Florida. We bought the one in Idaho & had to drive 850 miles each way from Phoenix to pick it up & bring it home. Of the two in BC (which is over 1,600 miles away) neither had trailers and one was a project boat. Keep looking! By the way, one of the previous owners of our boat bought it Florida circa 1990s and towed it up to his home in Ontario Province, Canada. Then that owner passed away in 2001 and it went to the Idaho owner in an estate sale. He towed it from Ontario to Idaho and put it up for sale in 2014 after 13 years' ownership.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”