• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

new to the forum

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Salto1975
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Comox BC

new to the forum

Post by Salto1975 »

Hi all
My wife and I purchased a 1975 A25 deluxe last summer here in Beautiful British Columbia. located in the Comox Valley area on Vancouver Island with a few other Albins

looking forward to connecting and learning as we currently have to boat out and are completely changing the exhaust system out. ,changing at least one sea cock and rudder bushings etc. Ours is power by its original Volvo penta MD17C which is in great shape.

John and Lourie
Saltö
Hull 2448
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Re: new to the forum

Post by Bob Noodat »

Welcome, and I am jealous, having failed to buy an A25 despite my best efforts in these insane times. Please make me even more envious by posting some pictures.

Bob
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, John and Lourie. We have been to Comox on our previous adventure to Desolation Sound and had planned to return this summer. Maybe next year.

We also have the MD17C in the WillieC. I am curious about your work on the exhaust system. Will you be simply swapping parts or adding a loop in the system as well? There has been a fair bit of discussion on this topic here at AOG which you can find by using the search feature. Our exhaust system is pretty much stock, the cast iron exhaust elbows last about five years, and we have a newer fiberglass muffler. Please keep us informed.

And tell us about your trips!
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Welcome to the forum!

I picked up my A25 around New Year. I'm about to change some thru hulls myself.

By the way, I have most of a MD17C disassembled in my garage, selling the parts on ebay. Check with me first if you need any parts. No charge for albineers.

Enjoy your new treasure!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! "Beautiful British Columbia" is an understatement. There are few if any cruising grounds in the world that equal or exceed the beauty of the Salish Sea, Gulf Islands, and Sunshine Coast. We have brought our Albin 25 up from Arizona four times in the last six years for six week cruises including cruising Desolation Sound & Princess Louisa Inlet & still there's so much yet to see. Along with WillieC we stopped in Comox in July, 2018 as a jump off point to cross Georgia Strait for a 2 week cruise in Desolation Sound. Nice town, as are most up & down Vancouver Island. If you haven't joined already, the Albineers of BC club is a great bunch of folks. They normally do a club "rendezvous" once each month at various ports through the summer months. We were at the Ladysmith gathering last July & including our "La Dolce Vita" there were eight Albin 25's present. This year their schedule is June 12/14 in Telegraph Harbour on Thetis (still TBD depending on the COVID situation), July17/19 at Ladysmith Maritime Society Marina, and September 11/13 at Genoa Bay. Each of those of course is quite a jaunt from Comox, but can be done with overnight stops at Deep Bay and Nanaimo or trailering down island to ramp or Travelift launch at Nanaimo. Or if your boat wasn't ready just drive down to the Ladysmith or Genoa Bay events & introduce yourself. Good chance you might meet fellow AOG members Dave (dkirsop, A25 Sea Quill) and Ives (ssrig, A25 SloMocean).

Albineers of BC home page:
http://www.albinbc.com/home

Not many places where you can see scenes like this:
DSCN4555 (1280x960).jpg
DSCN4319(2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

Thanks for sharing that awesome picture of "Talisker of Skye"! I love that chain bobstay. The whole boat, really. She looks like a real sailing thoroughbred.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
Salto1975
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Salto1975 »

Thanks all. We have about 7 Albin 25's in this area. I hear one may be for sale, I will confirm and send the info along to you Bob.
WillieC. - completely changing out the exhaust by installing a vetus water lock and putting a loop in the wall of the rear cabin with a new thru hull with a 90 degree bend. I will send some pictures when I figure out how to upload. The berth lost about two inches and the pillow will have a little platform.
Nebulatech- the only part that could be replace is the tech sender. The engine purrs so I have never felt the need to replace it

Desert- DKirsop helped me over the phone recently when I changed out the upper rudder bushing and that sailboat is still here and has a friendly liveaboard cat. My boat is in the far marina from that one -or it will be once I get it back in the water
Salto1975
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Salto1975 »

DF08CCD4-1B8D-44D4-820B-7879DE193290.jpeg
Salto1975 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:14 am Hi all
My wife and I purchased a 1975 A25 deluxe last summer here in Beautiful British Columbia. located in the Comox Valley area on Vancouver Island with a few other Albins

looking forward to connecting and learning as we currently have to boat out and are completely changing the exhaust system out. ,changing at least one sea cock and rudder bushings etc. Ours is power by its original Volvo penta MD17C which is in great shape.

John and Lourie
Saltö
Hull 2448
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

Great pictures, thank you.

That trailer looks like it was built to move the Queen Mary!
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

Salto1975 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:48 pm Nebulatech- the only part that could be replace is the tech sender. The engine purrs so I have never felt the need to replace it
Hi Salto, I sent you a PM. I don't check this thread often enough, so I just now saw your post.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
Salto1975
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Salto1975 »

Professional boat mover. The Albin is one of his small moves
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Desert- DKirsop helped me over the phone recently when I changed out the upper rudder bushing and that sailboat is still here and has a friendly liveaboard cat. My boat is in the far marina from that one -or it will be once I get it back in the water
Dave's a great guy, like just about every Canadian boater we've met & gotten to know on our travels in BC & Ontario. He even drove us around N. Pender on one of our previous cruises & along with his lovely wife hosted us & WillieC for a delish salmon BBQ. Wish we were there now!
20180625_210945edit.jpg
20180625_205135.jpg
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Salto 1975, boat looks nice. The cockpit canvas looks like the original style like what came with our boat. I found ours to be very restrictive for rearward visibility & ventilation. I know many A25's we've seen up there have "BC hardtops", but if that canvas is in good shape as it appears to be it might be possible to modify it by adding additional back window panels on either side of the existing ones, and side windows with outer flaps that can unzip & roll up up for visibility or roll down for privacy. We included mesh sunscreens on ours but that may or may not be necessary or desirable in your case & could just substitute vinyl windows. In our case the existing canvas was in poor condition so the one pictured below is new material sewed from scratch by copying & modifying the existing design. But it should be much easier & less costly to modify the existing one should that be desired.
DSCN2106.JPG
DSCN2099.JPG
DSCN2100.JPG
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F

Return to “New Member Introductions”