• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello I'm Steve from Southern New Jersey

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
locoengin
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: none

Hello I'm Steve from Southern New Jersey

Post by locoengin »

I'm Getting ready to have a lot of time on my hands and have been looking at trawlers. I haven't decided if I want a project or one thats already been done. I have got a wealth of information from this group and when i find the right boat hope I can add some too.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Hello I'm Steve from Southern New Jersey

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Steve, only you can decide ready to go or project. Ready to go speaks for itself, buy, add your personal touches, plan your first adventure. A project allows you to know your new boat from the bottom up, both approaches have there risks and rewards. Pick a path and let the adventure begin. Thanks, Mark.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard Steve from Southern NJ,

What a coincidence! My name is also Steve. I've been an Arizona resident since the late 1970s, but born and raised on the Jersey Shore, in Barnegat to be exact. In fact, my wife and I were there visiting in June, on our way to cruising the Chesapeake for 2 weeks logging 300 nautical miles.

On June 19th we loaded our boat and trailer on the Cape May-Lewes ferry and crossed the Delaware Bay. Find an Albin 25 pocket trawler like this, and you can trailer it anywhere to any coast as long as you have the time to make the road trips. This year for us it was Erie Canal in New York, Block Island Sound in Rhode Island, and Chesapeake Bay in DE and MD. Last year it was San Juan Islands launching in Bellingham, WA and cruising as far North as the port of Ladysmith in the Gulf Islands of BC Canada.

Only with a pocket trawler the size of an Albin 25 (a C-Dory could do the same) could one easily trailer to so many different places on either coast or miriad inland lakes and not be limited to a relatively small cruising range as one would be with a larger boat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
locoengin
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: none

Post by locoengin »

Thanks Beautiful Boat ,and Pictures Steve, Steve
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Hey Steve, where in snj are you located? Im over in Lumberton but keep the boat (soon to be boats) in waretown. We decided to go with a sort of a project boat. Hull is in good condition and all the major systems work. But she still needs a bit of work to get her up to 100%
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Hey Steve, where in snj are you located? Im over in Lumberton but keep the boat (soon to be boats) in waretown. We decided to go with a sort of a project boat. Hull is in good condition and all the major systems work. But she still needs a bit of work to get her up to 100%
I was located in SNJ many, many years ago, grew up in Barnegat back in the 50's and early to mid '60s. After my folks divorced mom remarried and moved us away in 1967 to upstate NY near Schenectady where I finished out high school and enlisted in the Navy in '69. After returning from my hitch I spent a few more years near Saratoga then moved to Arizona in '77 where I've been ever since. But my late birth father stayed in Barnegat, remarried and started a new family, had two boys by his 2nd wife, one of which, now 47, lives with his wife and kids in Manahawkin, right off Rt 72. The other lives in S. Florida and works at the Pursuit Boats factory building high end sport fishers.

I don't get back there to visit very often, especially since my Dad passed ten years ago, but we did go back this time with our boat. Not sure when we'll be back again, but I expect it won't happen for a long time. If we do another long range road trip next summer, it'll likely be back to the Pacific NW, and maybe a crossing to Catalina Island from Dana Point, and/or trailer out to Monterey on the way up to Washington State. But no firm plans as of yet.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
cavitation
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: cape may , nj

Post by cavitation »

hey steve did u ever get a trawler...I got one a few yrs back, its a work in progress which I like..its 4'8', 1987 and its in the cape may area...

Return to “New Member Introductions”