• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member from Duluth, mn

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Superiorboater
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Duluth, MN

New member from Duluth, mn

Post by Superiorboater »

On may 2015 I perched a 1978 33' Albin aftcabin trawler. It needed a lot of sanding and staining and I have come along better then I thought I would the first year. My hopes are to head down the rivers to the gulf sometime this summer, and be a liveaboard travler.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New member from Duluth, mn

Post by Mark Deeser »

Sure have it looking good. That should be a nice trip, are you thinking of going all the way around? Thanks, Mark.
Superiorboater
Mate
Mate

Post by Superiorboater »

Yes, I would like to the the loop, short a crew right now. Dick
Parrot Adventure
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Southwest Florida

Post by Parrot Adventure »

Hi Dick,

Welcome aboard. I have been a member since 2012, although only today finally posted some photos of our boat (a 1981 Albin 36 aft cabin with a single Ford Lehman 120 HP six-cylinder engine). It's a great boat, and I find it very owner friendly to do my own maintenance. Our boat is now hauled out and having the bottom repainted, so I used this as an opportunity to change the cutless bearing myself. I posted a brief write up under "Cutlass Bearing" as well as photos if you're interested. I'm curious -- what engine do you have in your 33 trawler. Our Ford Lehman has over 7,000 hours and we're the third owners. Please feel free to keep in touch. I'll try to write when I can. I work full time and have two kids and maintain our boat, so my time is limited. Thanks, Mark
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Superiorboater: Welcome to ths fine group. That is a fine looking Albin. Wondering if you pull the boat for the winter months in Duluth as most in the east seem to do.
whwells "Howard"
Superiorboater
Mate
Mate

Post by Superiorboater »

Parrot Adventure wrote:Hi Dick,

Welcome aboard. I have been a member since 2012, although only today finally posted some photos of our boat (a 1981 Albin 36 aft cabin with a single Ford Lehman 120 HP six-cylinder engine). It's a great boat, and I find it very owner friendly to do my own maintenance. Our boat is now hauled out and having the bottom repainted, so I used this as an opportunity to change the cutless bearing myself. I posted a brief write up under "Cutlass Bearing" as well as photos if you're interested. I'm curious -- what engine do you have in your 33 trawler. Our Ford Lehman has over 7,000 hours and we're the third owners. Please feel free to keep in touch. I'll try to write when I can. I work full time and have two kids and maintain our boat, so my time is limited. Thanks, Mark
Thanks, I have the same motor as you, mine has around 1950 hrs on her. I too pulled my shafts and cuttles, I was also able to change the cuttles my self. I have to have it turned as the cuttles has scored the shaft, about $500. A new shafts is about $1,300. What part of flight do you live ? I lived down there for around 25 years, most of the time in Madeira baech, and a year and a half being capt. For Mal Fisher, in Key west. Dick
Superiorboater
Mate
Mate

Post by Superiorboater »

whwells wrote:Superiorboater: Welcome to ths fine group. That is a fine looking Albin. Wondering if you pull the boat for the winter months in Duluth as most in the east seem to do.
whwells "Howard"
Thanks, Yes it is sitting on the hard, maybe a month and a half more, then I should be able to start working on her again. Cars are on the ice now, ice fishing :( Dick
Superiorboater
Mate
Mate

Post by Superiorboater »

Hello from Lake Superior, looking out my window there is no ice in sight, but we still have a couple months to go. What kind of refergator is best for long range crusing ? I only have a carry on honda generator and a inverter.

Return to “New Member Introductions”