• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Tortoise

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Seapoos1
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Southport maine

Tortoise

Post by Seapoos1 »

Hello all, we have recently purchased an 1971 A25, the Tortoise, from Ed and Carol Cooper. My love and I plus family have have been looking for exactly such a boat. As irony would have it, she is the same boat(exact vessel) my love saw last year waiting for the bridge to open in Townsend Gut. We feel quite fortunate to have her and look forward to picking brains to assist us on some of the quirks we might encounter.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Tortoise

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form, strange how things in life can work out. How do you intend to use your boat? We have a 27 FC and are planing on some longer trips, gotta love the small Albins, hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours. Thanks, Mark.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Seapoos1 welcome aboard. We are up in the other corner of this great land and just this evening the missus and I were reading aloud Steinbeck's Travels With Charlie. He is currently (in our reading) somewhere up in Maine and just mentioned Aroostook County.
Hope you enjoy your A25 as much as we do ours. Ours will soon be going down for major engine work and possible replacement but we will be out this weekend with weather in the 90s and three grandgirls to entertain.
Excellent taste in boats!
Seapoos1
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Southport maine

Post by Seapoos1 »

As of now we are weekending on her, coastal cruising and working through her bugs. It's a late season purchase and we have put about 16-20hrs per weekend. If the weather holds out so will our cruising!

Return to “New Member Introductions”