• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member - Taggteam

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: New Member - Taggteam

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Curious, how has Hurricane/TS Hermine affected conditions in Cape May & your boat plans?
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape May, NJ

Post by taggteam »

LOL....it was a joke....
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

LOL....it was a joke....
Well that's good news. The Jersey shore certainly didn't need another Sandy experience. As a young kid I lived in Barnegat (before we moved to Upstate NY in '67) during the 1962 Ash Wednesday Nor'Easter. That was about the worst storm to hit the mid Atlantic until Sandy came along. I was only 10 years old in '62, but I remember National Guard helicopters airlifting residents off LBI.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by taggteam »

Well Gents,
Looks like it'll be official on Thursday...We'll meet with the current owner on Thursday AM... haul the boat and pressure wash...so she's got a nice clean bottom for the long ride home....change the Racor...settle the financials and paperwork...and start the first leg or our route home before noon.

I've actually pre-planned a route on a temporary GPS unit that I bought for the trip...so, we'll stick her down to the helm and away we'll go. It's been a really smooth and easy deal thus far. I can't wait to show her off....Beast and all.

Wish me luck!
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

taggteam wrote:Well Gents,
Looks like it'll be official on Thursday...We'll meet with the current owner on Thursday AM... haul the boat and pressure wash...so she's got a nice clean bottom for the long ride home....change the Racor...settle the financials and paperwork...and start the first leg or our route home before noon.

I've actually pre-planned a route on a temporary GPS unit that I bought for the trip...so, we'll stick her down to the helm and away we'll go. It's been a really smooth and easy deal thus far. I can't wait to show her off....Beast and all.

Wish me luck!
Congratulations.. welcome to the fold and safe boating.

I have been playing with the Navionics app and think it is great for a navigation device you can take with you. Uses the GPS in your device not cellular network!

Again enjoy the ride and you will learn about your new vessel.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Congrats on the purchase! When you guys heading home?
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by taggteam »

thanks guys....looks like Thursday around noon we'll head out....stop aorund NYC for the night...then down the coast to AC FRiday
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Bon Voyage & safe passage. Give a wave to Old Barney as you pass by LBI.
Barnegat Inlet.jpg
IMG_0916.JPG
Barnegat-Inlet-inside-New-Jersey.10.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
taggteam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by taggteam »

20160922_125548_1474848338703_resized.jpg
Well....deal is done.....
This was the smoothest boat transaction I've ever made. I am very grateful to the previous owners for how it was handled. These folks are class acts and we could not have asked for someone better to make a large purchase such as this from. Pure class....Thank you Tom and Julie....and Thank you Uncle Rob and Beth for taking the ride....some great memories were made this weekend....and THAT...you can't buy.
We've looked at literally over 10 28TE's on the market from last summer to this. This is not only the cleanest one we found, but is also the best performing by far. We departed Pilots Point Marina Thursday around noon with another couple, fully fueled and loaded after an out of water inspection and pressure wash, and changing primary and secondary fuel filters. We had smooth seas in Long Island sound and cruised at 20kt's all the way to the East River. We were in awe of the bridges we passed under in the East River...through Hells Gate and out to the Hudson...where we were greeted with rush hour ferry's passing all around us, creating a pretty crazy sea state in the Hudson....in short...it was like being in a washing machine with 6 footers. The boat handled it flawlessly....a really good first test....not necessarily where or when I wanted it to be taken, however. We headed directly to Liberty Landing Marina, refueled and secured our berth for the night. The view was just surreal....with the Freedom Tower behind us. If we turned to the right, we saw Lady Liberty. Simply beautiful. We had dinner and got some rest, intending to leave at 7AM the following AM....which is exactly when we departed the marina....fueled and ready for the next leg to Atlantic City.

When we left, it looked like we were headed into a black cloud.....which cleared up further south. We took in the views of the city skyline and Statue of Liberty for the last time, and pointed her toward Sandy Hook. Again...the boat handled the 3 foot chop without incident and very comfortably. The previous owner had installed a windshield washing system that really helped with the spray. Kudos to Tom...

We headed south along the coast, and made it from Liberty Landing to Farley State Marina (her new temporary home) in nearly EXACTLY 5 hours....over 115 miles.....averaging 19-20 kts in 2-3 foot seas. when we arrived, we refueled again....and found that we burned 54 gallons of fuel. I just cannot believe how efficient this boat is. In any event....it was a great trip....and I got to know her a bit. She'll be receiving a complete new electronics package in the coming weeks, aside from the thru hull ducers, which will be installed over the off season.

I'm going to try to post some photos of our journey....Thank you to all for the welcome here. I'd especially like to thank Jeremy for the offer to use his slip in Barnegat on our way down....very nice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by taggteam on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Glad to hear she performed to your liking! That's some damn good mileage, I'm hoping the new power plant gets me somewhere near that! Good luck with the electronics install, let me know if there is anything I can do to help, been there done that, lol
Gonna try and make it down next weekend for the boat show and to check out your new boat.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Great photos and travelogue, Tagg! Glad you had such a smooth maiden voyage.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Very cool! Great photos! Hard for an ex-sailboater & now pocket trawler guy like myself to imagine going that far that fast in a pleasure boat. 180 miles would have taken us 3 or 4 days at 6.5 knots, although we could do it on 15 gallons of fuel. Always good to hear mention of my old home town of Barnegat, even if only in passing reference to a place I moved away from 50 years ago.

Just last night I watched the PBS Frontline program I had saved on my DVR about the lingering effects of Superstorm Sandy and how messed up the recovery has been for folks in Staten Island and parts of Long Island. Very sad.

Yours truly with my nephew Matthew taken on our last visit to LBI & Barnegat Light in 2011.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Chuckatuck Ray
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Naval Sailing Center, Norfolk, Va.

Post by Chuckatuck Ray »

Tag team,
Welcome to the AOG. I also have the Albin 28TE that I purchased new in 1998. It is powered by a Cummins 330 engine. I love mine and I'm sure you'll enjoy your boat too. Enjoyed the photos of your 1st trip.

Best regards,
Ray

Return to “New Member Introductions”