• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Albin owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Limelight
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Schooner Cove, Nanoose Bay, BC Canada

New Albin owner

Post by Limelight »

Hello there,

We have just purchased an Albin 28TE - the "Limelight". I have been researching Albin for a year and a half - most of the vessels are located in the States, which poses a challenge for us here in Canada. We happened to luck into a 2001 Albin for sale here in Canada - and jumped at the chance of ownership.

We purchased the "Limelight" and took several days to bring her home from Mill Bay, BC, to Schooner Cove, BC. We had a great cruise and our 2 dogs loved being on the boat. She is powered by a Yammer 300HP and cruises along nicely at 8 knots consuming 2GPH - based on the Flometer. At 3200 RPM she ran at a comfortable 15 knots.

I am interested in finding out more about the Swedish heritage the Albin has - my grandfather was a Finn/Swede and I have a lot of relatives in Finland and Sweden - we went there for a visit 2 years ago, and 2 of my cousins came and visited us this year.

All in all, we are very pleased with our new acquisition.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: New Albin owner

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome new "BC Albineer"!
I have been researching Albin for a year and a half - most of the vessels are located in the States, which poses a challenge for us here in Canada.
For Albin 25 fans stateside the problem is just the opposite. Probably more A25's in BC that any other single location in North America, judging by the Albineers of BC site.

Anyway, we spent the whole month of July this year in British Columbia, starting with the Canada Day celebrations in Sidney on July 1st and ending with a crossing of Georgia Strait from Nanaimo to Pender Harbour & on up to Chatterbox Falls. We only went as far up Vancouver Island as Nanaimo, and was able to cross the Strait on a day when "Whiskey Golf" was not active, so we didn't have to skirt around that area & go up to Nanoose or Schooner Cove before crossing over. We did run Dodd Narrows, that was fun.

I gotta say, I love Canada & her people! I've never seen as much pride & love of country as BC'ers showed with a town of 11,000 like Sidney putting on such a cool Canada Day parade, and the build-your-own-boat-from-scratch-in four-hours out of $100 worth of common building materials by three person crew using only hand tools boat race was just a hoot to watch. Not to mention being one of the most beautiful cruising grounds anywhere. And who could miss the bagpipes & noon day cannon firing in Nanaimo?
DSCF3266 (1024x768).jpg
By the way, if you're ever over by Nelson Island, North of Pender Harbour on the Sunshine Coast and you see a wrecked Boatex f/g dinghy washed up on the beach with the name "La Dolce Vita/Peoria, AZ" lettered across the bottom, let me know, that's ours. We lost ours when a wave tore if off the snap davits on a day so rough in Malaspina Strait that we had to get towed when the dinghy's painter wrapped our prop as we were left adrift on a lee shore heading straight for the big rock in the bight near the NW corner of the island.

Dinghy lost here:
Dinghyloss.jpg
La Dolce Vita in Smuggler's Cove, BC
DSCF3432 (1024x768).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”