• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
VIBE
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Danversport

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Post by VIBE »

After my first season owning a 2003 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck I consider it a success. Finally I'm now able to set some time aside to introduce myself to the group. First, I want to recognize Kevin S. (Pitou) as he guided me and helped me in the process obtaining the VIBE. She had 1106 hrs on her Yanmar 6LP-STP and was in East Hampton, LI, NY when I first looked at her. After the survey and a couple of water trials the deal was done. Now the question is how to I get her from East Hampton, NY to Danversport, MA ? Truck or by water.....This was back in June and I chose water. (cheaper to). Ok......you all figured it out I made it....since i'm posting on Thanksgiving '16. My son and I left the docks at 6pm June 10th from East Hampton and our goal was to make it to Block Island (RI) by no later than 8pm and stay the night. That was the first leg of the trip. The second leg was planned for the crack of dawn the next morning to complete the trip to Danversport, MA on the North Shore of MA. Our adventure would take us through Block Island Sound up through Buzzards Bay through the Cape Cod Canal into Cape Cod Bay. From there we tracked north with the South Shore of MA on our port side past Plymouth Rock and past Boston up into the NorthShore waters right into the Salem, MA channel that took us into the Danvers River to her new home at the Danversport Yacht Club. This was an amazing trip.......in all it took 9 hrs of water time.....burnt approximately 70-80 gallons of diesel on completely flat seas, saw no lie millions of fish along the way and no fishing pole on board. A large gathering from our friends at DYAC greeted and helped us into our slip! Please see the attached pics....

I will now be on the site more than ever looking for tips and suggestions over the off season getting her in the best shape of her life for the 2017 season.

Tom T.
VIBE / TE 28
Danversport, MA
2manyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Florida-Maine and in-between

Re: Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Post by 2manyboats »

Welcome aboard. Nice looking boat.

Great group of people here with tons of information,

When ever I travel 6-7 hrs, the flat seas where yesterday.

Good luck Wayne
First Light
25 Albin FC
38 Beta
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Post by Pitou »

Hey Tom - Welcome to AOG .. glad that you found your way! :wink:
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “New Member Introductions”