• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member/owner Albin 36DC

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
pmcn@hotmail.com
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westport, MA

New Member/owner Albin 36DC

Post by pmcn@hotmail.com »

New member and owner. Closed on 1984 Albin 36 on 29 November. I sold my Endeavour 35 sailboat in October and came over to the powerboat side. Looking forward to this new adventure. Will have many questions.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: New Member/owner Albin 36DC

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Ah yes, yet another one succumbs to the Power Of The Dark Side! If you're gonna make the switch, then Albin is a good choice. There are a lot of ex-sailboaters here, so you won't be the Lone Ranger. The transition will be quite easy. You're already familiar displacement hull speeds & conventional single screw prop-and-rudder diesel power with economical fuel mileage. You'll like the expanded accomodations & ability to helm either sheltered in the salon or up on the fly bridge, I'm sure. Welcome aboard!

I'm an Albin 25 guy myself since we live in the Arizona desert 360 miles from the nearest ocean & have to trailer long distances to do any coastal cruising & don't like to be be limited to any one area, but if we wanted a '2nd home/condo on the water' permanently berthed somewhere like San Diego or the Pacific NW then an Albin 36 trawler would be on our wish list, like this one...

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1984- ... -102671220

Congrats on your good taste!

BTW, we may be visiting friends in Weekapaug, RI next September.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

Where did you buy her, what's the Boats name? Tell us a little about her.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
pmcn@hotmail.com
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westport, MA

Post by pmcn@hotmail.com »

I bought her in Westport Massachusetts just closed on it last week. I spent last weekend going through the boat and trying to understand the systems. The engine has about 1400 hrs on it. Hull is in very good shape. Usual signs of window leakage. The previous owner redid the teak decks all but the bow and some of the decks on each side of the cabin trunk over the v-berth. I believe the deck was raised because the deck is higher than the scuppers. The teak trim on the outside is all varnished and is in pretty good shape. Interior teak is pretty rough. Boat came with no electronics or aux generator which is ok. Add stuff later and kept cost down. I will rename the boat “Amadeus” with a homeport of Westport. I will keep boat in New Bedford where I own a mooring. I want to go through and fix/replace/update, etc as much of the boat as I can this winter. Plumbing, electrical, etc. I was also considering a fuel polishing system so if anyone can give any insight into that it would be helpful. I also couldn't find a name on the sea cock as I would like to service those.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form, in my humble opinion it's hard to go far wrong with an Albin, I not familiar with your model, but compared with my 27 it must be like mansion. Is there a back story behind the boat name?
Ratty
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Massachusetts

Post by Ratty »

Congratulations on your wonderful new boat! We had looked at your boat and loved it (but went for one that had a centerline master berth and bridge deck benches). You've got a lovely boat. If I get to New Bedford next summer, we'll have to get a photo of the "sisters" together. Let me know if I can ever help with anything.
1987 Albin 36 DC
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome to the power side. The 36 Albin is a great place to be. We look forward to hearing from you.
whwells "Howard"
Sea Knoll 36 Express Trawler 2005
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

Now there is a boat on this listserv I can talk a little about.
Welcome aboard.
With most of the list seeming to own 25/28's of varying degree, it's difficult to discuss their boats. Your 36DC gets into the similar systems that we have on our boat.
If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to connect and we'll discuss what you have going on.
You might also want to look into joining the MTOA (Marine Trawlers Owners Association, mtoa.net). You'll find a wealth of info there as well. If you decide to join, use my MTOA number below, they give me a pin for recruiting.
Enjoy the ride, it can get frustrating at times but the ride is well worth it.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop

Return to “New Member Introductions”