• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Jerry Tiller and Simone Roy on Echo

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Echo
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Fort Myers Florida

Jerry Tiller and Simone Roy on Echo

Post by Echo »

We are Canadian snowbirds cruising in the Fort Myers area. We enjoy the mini loop around the Caloosahatchie to Stuart, down through Miami and the Keys. We keep our boat in storage on the trailer for the summer and return to Newfoundland Canada, to cruise in the Nitre Dame Bay Area.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Jerry Tiller and Simone Roy on Echo

Post by WillieC »

Welcome aboard, Echo! I see you are A25 owners as are we. I am in the process of refreshing my Ancient Volvo Penta engine, but hope to be back in the water come spring.

We are practically in the opposite hemisphere as you folks, out on Hood Canal, an arm of Puget Sound in Washington State. Check out DesertAlbin 736's posts, you will find much in common with them and will no doubt hear from him soon.

Take your time learning about the website. Lots of excellent info here, and great people eager to share their knowledge and experience with you. Nice to hear from you.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! Ha ha, how did WillieC guess I'd chime in so soon? We Albin 25 guys are a small but intrepid subset of AOG members. Those big boys can do a lot, but not the kind of long distance trailering as easily as we Albin 25ers can.

That looks like an interesting place to cruise across South Florida via the Caloosahatchie. So do I understand correctly what you're saying is that you leave your Albin in storage on the trailer in Florida for the summer and cruise Notre Dame Bay (I assume "Nitre" was a typo) on some other boat? Or do you mean to say you transport Echo over the road back up to Newfoundland?

If the latter is the case, then you might be interested in considering cruising part or all of the Erie Canal in NY on your way North or South someday.

Would love to see some photos of your travels. FYI, to post photos on AOG you need to resize them down to under 2MB size. And to zoom posted photos out to full screen size just click on the photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
2manyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Florida-Maine and in-between

Post by 2manyboats »

Welcome to the group; We trailer our A25 down from Maine in the fall and cruise the west coast of Florida as well. Weather permitting we plan to launch in Tampa bay after the new year and head south. We will stay in touch and perhaps meet up some time this winter.

Wayne and Judy Clark
First Light
25 Albin FC
38 Beta
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: We do like your flexibility with the 25 Classic.
Howard
36 Express Trawler 2005
Sea Knoll

Return to “New Member Introductions”