• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A 36 on my mind...

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
nvrmrecreative
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Boston, MA

A 36 on my mind...

Post by nvrmrecreative »

Hello all! Thanks for letting me into your group. I'm a long time sailor, scuba instructor, charter captain and live aboard...even restored/rebuilt one boat and started to build a 30 foot cat from scratch till a hurricane filled it with water...all of which was in the Virgin Islands. Now I'm back in the States, own a home and stuck in the New England winter rut and I can't keep boats out of my head. After spending too much time wet and on my side, I think a trawler is exactly what I need. I have a little time before I'll have the savings to jump into a new boat...could be as little as a few months or as long as a few years...but anything is possible. I've had friends with Albins (a 36 and a 43) and I'm a big fan of the 36. I feel like it would be a great live aboard, Loop boat and cruiser. I work in the marine industry and do all the boat shows down the East Coast and would love to have a home base/demo boat for all the cool gadgets I get to work with. Any tips on how to finance a boat (how much of a down payment do you really need), what to look for, even what to expect out of owning an Albin 36, or even any amazing deals would be greatly appreciated. I'm open to anything...Thanks!
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: A 36 on my mind...

Post by whwells »

Welcome Abroad: Since your know the 36 and 43 you are likely talking about the Classic series. All fine boats. My current experience is with the 36 Express Trawler 2005. If I can help let me know.
Howard

Return to “New Member Introductions”