• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member with new 81 49 Tri cabin

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Repairguy
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Dunedin Florida

New member with new 81 49 Tri cabin

Post by Repairguy »

I am happy to find your group. I have found very little information on the 81 Albin. How many were made? Next week we close on the boat. It is out of the water. We will do bottom paint and seals. The cutlass bearings are good. The motors Ford Lehman are fresh rebuilt along with transmission. The bad is there was a small electrical fire and I need to rewire between fuse panels. No big deal. I current have a 43 Gulfstar that we love but will be selling to move to larger boat. The Albin has a 8k generator but that does not seem big enough to run air down here in Florida.
J0k3r
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland, OR

Re: New member with new 81 49 Tri cabin

Post by J0k3r »

Hello and welcome to the group. I bought an 84 49 Tri Cabin a few months ago. Ours has all original equipment except for the heads and the depth sounder. Looks like the PO wired all the batteries into 2 banks of 3 batteries and without proper wire, which I will be changing. I am curious as to the fuel tank configuration on your boat. Our center tank was decommissioned which leaves, from what I can estimate, two 200 gal tanks port and starboard. Do you have the same configuration?
Forty Six & 2
1984 49 Tri-Cabin
Twin Volvo TAMD40A
Portland, OR
http://mvfortysixandtwo.com
Repairguy
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Dunedin Florida

Re: New member with new 81 49 Tri cabin

Post by Repairguy »

We are closing on it shortly. Once I get into it I will let you know. Ours had a electrical fire caused by last owner so I will be fixing a lot of issues.

Return to “New Member Introductions”