• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member - Sadly boatless

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Dawnlee
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Na

New member - Sadly boatless

Post by Dawnlee »

Hello,

My name is Dawn Lee. I am a mom, an author, and a transplant (FL to TN) who desperately misses boats and the water. I spent a lot of time living aboard (in the Keys, South FL and the Caribbean) growing up, and I miss it. I currently travel between TN and Apalachicola, FL several times a year and would like to find a boat that I can moor in the Apalachicola area for extended stays and eventually some moderate cruising. I've always been in love with trawlers, particularly Grand Banks, but I've recently (thanks to a fellow trawler-loving friend) been clued in to Albins. Right now, I'm trying to narrow down my choices, and I look forward to learning a great deal here.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: New member - Sadly boatless

Post by Nancy »

Welcome, Dawn! Boat shopping/researching - what could be more fun? Glad to have you aboard.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: New member - Sadly boatless

Post by tego »

Welcome Dawn, I know the feeling. We moved from FL ( and living aboard ) to TN also. We just didn't feel right without a boat, so got a smaller one ( Albin 27) to tinker with and travel the inland waters for a change. Where are you in TN? Ben

Return to “New Member Introductions”