• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Post by jerridsc »

Was searching for a macgregor 26x for a while (trailerable, motorable, sailable etc.) and I wouldn't have to sell my house to own and operate it. Then I came across this whole Albin 25 world, well, now I must have one. The search begins. I'm hoping to find one that I can put some sweat equity into. (Hey, maybe that would be a good boat name)

Looking forward to the comraderie and exchange of knowledge available on this site.

Scott Canfield
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: New Member

Post by WillieC »

Welcome aboard. I had to use The Goggle to find Blanchardville. Only the town in Wisconsin showed up so that must be you! Looks like you are going to need that trailer, and the A25 trailers just fine. Don't ask me, I live on Hood Canal up in Washington. Your turn to google. I use my trailer in lieu of marina, mainly across 100 feet of lawn to and from my own boat ramp. Ask Desert Albin about trailering his A25. They go everywhere and he is farther from the land of 10,000 lakes than you are, in the AZ desert.

Here is the killer deal, depending on how handy you are or "how much money (and/or time) you got?"

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9833

Good luck! Keep us posted on your search.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Welcome, Scott! How cool that you fell in love with the Albin 25. It's about a million times safer than the Macgregor with its water-ballast keel.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Post by Marcy K »

Good luck with your search Scott. I echo Nancy's comment about safety and a water ballast keel on the MacGregor. I had a chance to go through a MacG at an auction in November and there is very little living space. The A 25 is palatial in comparison and you can cruise for extended periods. I can't imagine doing much more than an overnight in the MacGregor.
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Post by jerridsc »

Thank you all for the kind welcome. I'll let you know when I go from searcher to owner. Maybe the fixer upper mentioned here.

Scott
Treeman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Treeman »

Best of luck! I found mine on Ebay. She was a nearly finished project and a great deal.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9794

Here is one to consider.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Just saw one for sale in Fla.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9918

I know you midwesterners. You go to Florida all the time esp. in winter!
This one has a new engine which is worth 15 K alone. Don't know about trailer, but we got ours built for around 5K, then a truck, about 9k. Remember what BOAT stands for, though adjusted for inflation it means Tenthousand.

Return to “New Member Introductions”