• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New to me 28' flush deck

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
jaybap
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: newport RI

New to me 28' flush deck

Post by jaybap »

Hi,

Just took ownership of a 2004 28' flush deck. I've only had center consoles but with our first baby on the way we decided to go with something for family friendly and the albin was a perfect fit for hard fishing and anchoring on the weekends. this is my first diesel so I'm sure Ill have a lot of questions for you guys. Ive been lurking on the site gathering info for the entire buying process and its been really helpful. Im in Newport, RI and I'm sure ill have a lot of questions for you guys.

Thanks
Jay
2004 28' Albin FD "DOG DAZE II"
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: New to me 28' flush deck

Post by catalina_mike »

Welcome!
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

jaybap wrote:Hi,

Just took ownership of a 2004 28' flush deck. I've only had center consoles but with our first baby on the way we decided to go with something for family friendly and the albin was a perfect fit for hard fishing and anchoring on the weekends. this is my first diesel so I'm sure Ill have a lot of questions for you guys. Ive been lurking on the site gathering info for the entire buying process and its been really helpful. Im in Newport, RI and I'm sure ill have a lot of questions for you guys.

Thanks
Jay
welcome to the board! you sound like I did just a couple of years ago (I think its actually been less than two..lol) congrats on the new boat and welcome to the board!
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I wonder if the guys on the Contender and Regulator forums post like this: " Had the slow boring single diesel pilothouse and two bratty kids so decided it was time to get rid of all three and have some real fun, so here I am!"
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jaybap
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jaybap »

yeah its funny how you can go from looking for a regultor to Albin that quickly! But still very much excited for the new boat and the new family addition!!
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Jay: Welcome and a 28' flush deck is a great fine. Most of the later boats had the Yanmar 315 with a few Cummins and occasional
Volvo. Are you in Yanmar. Have had two boats with the Yanmar's and all fine power plants. If that was your find watch out for the need to do the timing belts. If it fails the engine is done. Recommendation is 1200 hours are 6 years which ever occurs first.
Howard
jaybap
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jaybap »

It does have the yanmar. 300 hours on it. Was a little nervous about so little hours but the owner kept it imaculate and did all the necessary maintence at Standish Boat yard where it was kept. Ill be sure to check those timing belts. Thanks
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Make sure the valve guides were done. That is also a engine killer or piston hole maker.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “New Member Introductions”