• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
exile
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Plymouth

Post by exile »

I am making the shift from sail to power and am a prospective buyer for an Albin 28. Looking for a 'plain jane' version in the northeast. Also hoping to attend the Albin owners meeting for the northeast to view boats and learn from current owners.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: New Member

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Welcome to the board! I'm not sure what u mean by plain Jane version of a 28 but good luck with your search!
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
exile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by exile »

Thanks for the welcome,'plain jane' was not meant to be disparaging, I am new to power boats and my needs are simple. The basic boat from the factory before a lot of options were added is what I meant.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Ahh gotcha. These boats were semi custom so no two are identical. While the base boat is the same the variations are huge and some of the "options" are very useful. For instance our boat has forward cabinets where many just have a flat above the v berth/table. I think that is great for the extra storage. I'm also a fan of ac/heat, we found one with a factory genset as well which is great cuz we can use the ac/heat whenever we want. There were quite a number made and I'm sure you will find one that fits well! There are even some really good deals to be had if your willing to put in som sweat and financial equity
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
goodgrief
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by goodgrief »

Hello and welcome to the AOG. There is a 28 that was just listed in portland maine,
here is the link to the listing
http://www.portharbormarine.com/default ... dInventory
I don't know the boat but they contacted me as I was in the hunt for an albin last year and they had me on file.
We were lucky to find and purchase a 32 sportfisher and keep it in portsmouth nh.
Good luck in your search, hope this helps.
exile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by exile »

Jeremyvmd, thanks for the input. I'm sure that when I start to look at boats and certainly after using one for a season I will appreciate some of the available options at this stage I just don't know enough.
exile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by exile »

Goodgrief, thanks for the welcome. I saw that one on Yachtworld, I,m still trying to learn more before looking. Right now I wouldn't know a bargain from a bust.
What moved you from a 28 to the 32?

Return to “New Member Introductions”