• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Rod
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St james florida

Post by Rod »

My name is Rod bought a 27 foot albin 1986 had it out on the gulf a few times what a wonderful boat. We are on pine island in saint james city. We put her to bed yeaterday. have to go back to chicago area tuesday. Will certainly miss her and florida. We will be back and have more fun. Ps hope i posted in the right place
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: New member

Post by WillieC »

Yes you did and welcome aboard! That must be difficult leaving the boat on the gulf and going back to Illinois. The burden of ownership and stuff.
So what part of the Chicago area do you hail from? I have a bunch of in-laws in the Crystal Lake area up past Elgin. Sounds like it's time to put all that behind you and move on down to the water! Ha. Then again, Lake Michigan opens the whole world to you.

I used to work up in McHenry County, and there were a bunch of communities with fancy names that had canals and private docks that led to the Fox River, if I remember that correctly. My canal is about two miles wide and over 150' deep out in the back yard, and we are at the skinny end of it.

Good luck in your adventures.
jackrg
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: marina cove

Post by jackrg »

Hello my name is jack just in the process of getting 1987 albin 27 hope to use this site for information we live in palm coast fl. thanks jack
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Welcome Jack.

It would be great if you would make a New Topic to introduce yourself to us all. Maybe something like "New Member, jackrg from Marina Cove" then tell us a little more about yourself.

Glad to have you aboard and I hope you can pass on your wisdom to us as well.
Jim lanza
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda

Post by Jim lanza »

Rod,
We're in Punta Gorda, and we're certainly familiar with the water around St. James City. Have you gone to Cayo Costa yet? Cabbage Key? The area is like Paradise most of the year. Hope to see you out there, we have an Albin 40 Sundeck, it's in Georgia now, as we commission her for her trip to her new home port behind our home in Punta Gorda.
Jim and Cyn
M/V Encore
Rabiss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Charlotte Fl

Post by Rabiss »

Hi my name is Randy and Pat we are in Port Charlotte. We just bought a 28 Albin. We would like to thank you for letting us join the club.
Randy
06 Albin 28
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Rabiss wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:58 pm Hi my name is Randy and Pat we are in Port Charlotte. We just bought a 28 Albin. We would like to thank you for letting us join the club.
Randy and Pat,
Welcome to the club. Rather than reply to this thread, you can start a new post of your own. Tell us about your cruising, your boat, and yourself.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome Rod.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”