• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bonum 25 owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Guchisan

Bonum 25 owner

Post by Guchisan »

[
IMG_0615.JPG
IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG
I'm the owner of a 1985 Bonum 25 that is currently in Port Townsend Wa. When I Googled Bonum 25, I was linked to one of your newsletters regarding "Anyone heard of a Bonum 25". I have cruised her in the Pacific Northwest and even trailered her to the East Coast to do the "Loop". She has been extensively remodeled and repowered with a 35hp Beta.I have since purchased and cruised an American Tug 34 along the ICW and Canadian waterways. My Bonum as a result has not been used lately so I have decided to sell her. If anyone is interested in her and would simply like info about the Bonum,I would gladly share my thoughts. I've uploaded a few pics of her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by Guchisan on Sun May 28, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Bonum 25 owner

Post by jcollins »

Guchisan,
Welcome to AOG. You are welcome to post an ad in our For Sale forum for your Bonum. Additionally the A25 forum would be a great place to give us the history of your boat and your travels.

Thanks for joining.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

I predict she'll sell quickly. She's beautiful! It's good that she's got a trailer so both coasts can consider her without figuring out a major cost of transport. Someone can rent a truck,if he/she doesn't have one right now and take her home. Please post some more info and price. Good luck. Ben
Treeman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Treeman »

Wow, yes awesome rig there.
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

Post by OldDemps »

Great boat. I'm assuming it's a 25 "deluxe"?

How much are you selling it for??

Thank you
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

She is a beauty, but I think those pics are before the tree fell on it.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I believe that original "Has anyone heard of a Bonum 25?" post was added by me after we spotted one in the parking lot at the West Sound Marina on Orcas Island in 2014. Is this by chance the same boat, registration #WA 2484 NX? It had a dead engine & the guy who owned it posted some on this site. But yours looks like it has a little different hull striping & different trailer & may be a different boat? Either way, the Bonums are quite rare. Thanks for posting pix of the interior your boat, always wondered how the Bonum differed from the early Albin 25 models. Yours looks pretty Bristol & should fetch a good price. Especially like that shot of the galley. Gives some ideas on how to add a fridge & microwave to the A25 galley by re-designing & building new cabinetry on our boat. Is that a single burner cook top at the aft end of the galley?
DSCN1515 (1280x960).jpg
DSCN1516 (1280x960).jpg
Albin 25 galley on our 1971 boat
Albin galley.jpg
Compared to the Bonum 25 galley
IMG_0621 Bonun galley.JPG
Interesting!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: That is the best looking 25' ever posted in my mind. The exterior hard top is great as well as the beautiful interior. The engine looks like brand new. It won't last long.
Howard
Guchisan

Post by Guchisan »

Thanks for the compliments! Not sure who's Bonum that is but it's not mine.The original factory Bonum interior was extensively remodeled on my boat and I'm sure you would be able to do the same on your Albin. Yes, that is a single burner propane cooktop that replaced the previous alcohol burner on the aft end of the galley. The raw water cooled Volvo was ok but that new Beta 35 is quieter, smoother, doesn't smoke, and adds reserve power.
I have already had several inquiries regarding the purchase but the boat is currently being restored from that pesky tree!
Glenn
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Glenn: Yes, I had seen the misreading. However, the boat is so nice looking it was worth redoing the comment.
Howard

Return to “New Member Introductions”