• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Long Island flotilla

Rendezvous Coordinator - RobS

Moderator: RobS

gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Long Island flotilla

Post by gerygarcia »

I'm getting very excited about the rendezvous! My wife asked me to start getting our plans and reservations in order.
We would like to make a "trip" out of the rendezvous, so I was wondering if any Long Islanders and other AOGers going to the rendezvous want to do
more than the Essex destination. What I was thinking was making Essex the final stop, or 2nd to final stop if all goes well weather wise.

My wife mentioned before Essex, a good place would be Greenport or Westhampton Beach for a a day or two. It would break up the journey to Essex
and would make it easier on our little girl since she'll be strapped in for good part of the trip. Possibly heading to Block Island for a couple days, then onto Essex.
On our way back from Essex, we might want to stop over one of the places we didn't go to on our way back.

In any case, we would probably start our trip on Monday or Tuesday (July 20 or 21st) and go from there, but that is flexible as of right now.

If anyone is interested in joining us, I think it would be fun to go with a group as well as safer.

Chime in if interested :D
Will probably start slotting solid destination dates in the up coming week.
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Re: Long Island flotilla

Post by mhanna »

Gery that sounds like a good idea, I do not know how much time I can get off from work right now but hope to have a solid idea an a few weeks. I do plan on making at least one stop along the way (not sure coming or going) but have not worked out details yet. I will be checking with work & the admiral to see what kind of time we have.
I will contact you when I have a good idea. If you plan something first, please just let me know what and I will see if we can hook up....

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Hi Matt

Looks like we will be staying at the Greenport town dock (near the carousel) overnight only then onto Block Island for a couple days arriving at Essex on Thurs July 23.
Dates are still tentative, although we already have reservations set at Essex. On the way back (Sunday 26 we will be stopping at West Hampton (overnight only) and leaving when tides are optimal on Monday morning. Let me know. I think you still have my cell number, if not, I have yours and can call you so you have it.

We did some recon this weekend at Greenport and think the floating docks there (in town) are perfect for one night since everything is close by (restaurants etc) and it's a pretty easy shot to Block Island from there.

Man o man did I hate shovelling the snow yesterday! Spring can't come soon enough!

Gery
Resolution 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Sounds like a good plan Gery. If the seas don't look good for Block you could always stay at Greenport longer, drop down to Coecles or stop in Mystic. As you know Block can be a bumpy ride, especially now that you will have the little one aboard, would just hate to see you get stuck there and get to Essex late... Not sure of my plans/dates before/after Essex yet but I will keep you and Matt posted.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Tachyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tachyon »

Gery; We will be coming from East Greenwich and could potentially hook up with the flotilla at Block Island. please keep me posted as to your plans.

Thanks;

Don Swatik

Tachyon CB45
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Hi guys

Just an update on our itinerary. My wife has been doing the reservations and she's given me a date schedule.
I believe Block Island Boat Basin is beginning to take reservations, so my wife is sending in a reservation card there this week.
Should be no problem since it's the beginning of that week. I think Essex is set and Greenport Town Marina and Westhampton town
marina are still closed to make any reservations, but they aren't as quick to fill up as more "popular" ports of call. That will probably be done beginning of May.

July 19-20 Greenport Town Marina
July 20-23 Block Island Boat Basin
July 23-26 Essex Island Marina
July 26-27 Westhampton Town Marina

I hope "flotilla" isn't taken literally. Anyone who wants "more" than just Essex coming from CT or RI or wherever might
want to consider these as possible other ports of call before/after the rendezvous.
Tachyon wrote:Gery; We will be coming from East Greenwich and could potentially hook up with the flotilla at Block Island. please keep me posted as to your plans.

Thanks;

Don Swatik

Tachyon CB45
Don, it would be great if you were to make it to Block Island!
Must be nice in a 45CB :wink: I remember plusher days on my parents bigger boats! :mrgreen:
RobS wrote:Sounds like a good plan Gery. If the seas don't look good for Block you could always stay at Greenport longer, drop down to Coecles or stop in Mystic. As you know Block can be a bumpy ride, especially now that you will have the little one aboard, would just hate to see you get stuck there and get to Essex late... Not sure of my plans/dates before/after Essex yet but I will keep you and Matt posted.
We plan on being flexible on dates in Block Island, but we definately would like to go there. If weather looks crazy, we'll change accordingly. Don't want to miss Essex! Not this time around 8)
Resolution 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

As of now, it looks like TOY-RIFIC and DOGHOUSE will be running together straight to Essex on Wed the 22nd. TOY-RIFIC looking to depart Essex on Sunday and head SE to Montauk for a few days at Snug Harbor. Gotta do some fluking while the little season we have is still open and where better to do it than out at the Pt.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Sounds like a nice plan!
Perhaps we'll head out with you on that Sunday towards MTK.
Resolution 28TE

Return to “Third Annual New England AOG Rendezvous 2009”