• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Life cell marine

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Life cell marine

Post by amber jj »

I seen this interesting piece of safety eguipment at our local chandlery open house. It is called life cell from the land of the kangaroo. You can keep all your emergency safety equipment in one handy place to grab in a emergency situation. If you can't grab it in time it is designed to float off its bracket. It will hold flares,gun,Erib,handheld VHF and more. The Erib can mount on the outside of the case. It is good to keep 4 people together in the water with the moulded in hand holds. I just thought it was a great idea and purchased it. It would take some time to get my flares and gun from the old location under the settee in the pilot house. Just passing along the information. Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: Life cell marine

Post by Jay Knoll »

Yeah, I saw that awhile ago, seems like a good idea, but their video is really lame

http://lifecellmarine.com.au/in-action/

why would you throw all your safety gear away from you before you got into the water?
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

Seems like a great idea for a ditch bag.
I've been wondering what I would do if such an occasion arose where it's important to be able to grab and go.
Does the 'cell' remove easily (but not too) if you have to grab it, and do you just remove it when you are in a marina going ashore?
Thanks for sharing, I'm going to check it out.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by amber jj »

Yes it removes easily. The bracket has two pins or hooks that the case slides onto or off. It's designed so that the case would just float off the bracket if for some reason you could not grab it before you went overboard.
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

Amber or anyone else,

I did a little further looking and sent an inquiry to the company.

Seems you get the Life Cell container empty and you need to add all of your own items. There price seems a little steep for an empty container. Also, as a 'ditch bag' type of product I'd want room for not only distress products, I'd also want room for medical, repellant and other type items as well. Then for a 'ditch bag' you also want to have copies of all of your personal & boat papers. Their response to that was only 1 of there products could be used to hold that info and without delving into the size of the interior space not sure how much medical and other items could be stored or important papers.

I think there are other cases, Pelican is one that comes to mind, or even a YETI cooler with 'Ditch Bag' markings could be used as well.

Amber, I'd be interested in how much and of what you have put in your Life Cell?

Thanks for bringing to the stage for all to see.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by amber jj »

Charles I don't have anymore than I had in my little Orion saftey container at the moment.l plan on putting a few more items in before we splash. The life cell to me is so much in anyone's face they can't miss it and is simple to get a hold of. Sure is a whole lot better than our old system buried under the bench seat(setee).I have never seen any of these other products you mentioned so I did not have anything to compare.
Yes I to thought it was a little pricey but you only need to use it once to pay for itself.Don't forget it is a boat,everything costs.Bob

Return to “General Discussion”