• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Dry land boating!

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Treeman
First Mate
First Mate

Dry land boating!

Post by Treeman »

We're both music enthusiasts and love to attend music festivals. We normally tent-camp but when we were flooded at the Kerrville Folk Festival last year the boss said "no more sleeping on the ground". It slowly crept into my little mind that Yukiko Maru was really just a great RV that happened to float. So here we are at the Old Settlers Music Festival in Driftwood, TX. Super fun and easy camping and quite a conversation starter!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Dry land boating!

Post by WillieC »

Now that is a fantastic idea. We have used ours in the yard with the grandkids, if it is not in the Canal, otherwise we'll row out for the night. We love live music also, thanks for the reminder!
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

I love it! And I can just imagine the conversations!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Well of course! That's the whole idea behind sticking with the smaller trailerable size Albin 25 vs all the other larger models. To me the A25 is a "Goldilocks" size boat, big enough to be a seaworthy coastal cruiser with comfortable amenities for two and standing headroom, not to mention frugal fuel economy, yet small enough to take over the road to destinations near and far, only limited by the amount of free time you have, which is unlimited if you happen to be retired, and of course the means to finance long trips.

Here are a few of many instances where we've used our boat as a camper en route to various destinations on both coasts:

Memaloose State Park on I-84 along the Columbia River, 70 miles East of Portland, OR, en route from Phoenix, AZ to Bellingham, WA, June 2014
DSCN1316 (1280x960).jpg
Deer Ridge Camping Resort, off I-70 north of Richmond, IN, en route from Phoenix, AZ to East Coast, May, 2015
DSCN3130 (1280x960).jpg
Arrival at Seneca Lake State Park, Geneva, NY, May 2015 preparing to launch on Erie Canal
DSCN2356 (1280x960).jpg

Columbia Sun RV Resort, Kennewick, WA, en route to Bellingham, June 2016
20160615_193644 (1024x576).jpg
I would add that we have a shore power cord adapter that allows our 30 amp marine style power cord to plug into RV park electric hookups to keep our batteries up & use fans and other 110V appliances.

What that means for you is not only can you use your boat as an occasional camper at music festivals, but also trailer to anywhere along the Gulf Coast & down to Florida, or anywhere in the country for that matter to go cruising.

Such cruising destinations could even include scenes like this in the Pacific NW, that is if you have the time to be on the road for a couple months at a time.
PrincessLouisaInlet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

If this boats rocking, (on dry land), then, hmmm....

Return to “General Discussion”