• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Nightmare Overland Albin 35 TE Shipper/Transport

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

DKramer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito

Re: Nightmare Overland Albin 35 TE Shipper/Transport

Post by DKramer »

srqdiver wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 3:55 pm Was this when the boat was being loaded or unloaded? Why is there a burned up 6 or 7K axle on the front of the trailer, and did anyone notice the new grease caps on the front axle? What condition is the rear axle with the old grease caps in if the front one was already bad?
Just some observations from a trailer builder.
By the way, two 6k axle + 10-15% tongue weight is 13.2k-13.8k GVW and the max load you can get out of 4 16" tires is 15.6K load with g rated tire & more likely 12.4K with E rated tires.
The pictures of the blownout tires are AFTER...

That is the condition I found the boat
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

So glad things are now working in your favor! Good luck with the rest of the journey!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

I think your shippers are related to these guys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuYIi5-igc
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Understand you did recover the boat. We are all so happy for you and that the nightmare can end in a positive boat season for you.
Howard
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Thank you for sharing your experience with AOG and the valuable document. I will move that to the document library with your permission. I have also upgraded you to supporting member.

Thanks
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DKramer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito

Post by DKramer »

jcollins wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 9:50 am Thank you for sharing your experience with AOG and the valuable document. I will move that to the document library with your permission. I have also upgraded you to supporting member.

Thanks
By all means, I am happy to share. I did post an abbreviated version with the recommendations in the recommend section.
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Post by Ben423 »

Our 28TE arrived in Huntington Beach, CA on May 26th. Ray Trent picked it up in Deltaville, VA and delivered it to its new home in 3-1/2 days. The delivery was on time and the boat arrived in exactly the same condition it was in when he picked it up. I received texts twice a day and was able track its progress. Overall, we couldn't be more pleased with the job Ray did.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

DKramer,

Wow, that's quite a story. Been a while since I've checked this thread, and glad to hear you got some resolution, along with a bit of high adventure and intrigue in the process. This is the sort of story that should get published as a feature article in BoatUS Magazine.

Ben423,
Speaking of Huntington Beach and Two Harbors, we are planning a run out to Catalina Island in the week after July 4th, trailering over from Phoenix & possibly launching from Sunset Aquatic Park & Marina in Huntington. Heard from a C-Dory owner friend of ours that the launch ramp there is good and parking facilities facilities are secure. Also heard Sunset Aquatic Marina only takes personal checks for guest slips, no cash or credit cards. Maybe we'll see you out there?
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Post by Ben423 »

Sunset Aquatic Marina has a good launch ramp and secure parking. A nice place to leave your rig while you're at the Island. I believe you're correct regarding their payment policy, but you should talk to Nancy in the marina office. Her Tel #: 562 592 2833

We are on gangway I. Stop by if you have time.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

I find it hard to believe that trailer made it to San Antonio. I'd have bet it wouldn't have made it out of Florida. How did you manage to locate it? And, how did you manage to get someone to unload it from their trailer? Good work.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

There' an argument here for hiding a turned on SPOT device on your boat when shipping it so you can always keep track of it.
CaptRonV
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chicago Il

Post by CaptRonV »

Forgive the Monday morning quarterbacking but always check out the websites of the haulers. A lot can be learned from seeing the equipment they use. A list of references is also a useful tool for making your decision. Also, your yard might have a few recommendations.
Captain Ron Voisard
Chicago.Il.
Absolutely
2002 28TE
badornato1
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: san francisco

Post by badornato1 »

what ever happened? did you get the boat home?

Return to “General Discussion”