• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Swim Across the Sound - 2017

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Swim Across the Sound - 2017

Post by DougSea »

Hi all,

Kat and I will be participating in this year's Swim Across the Sound. A bunch of talented (and a bit crazy) swimmers will jump into the water just outside Port Jefferson harbor on Long Island and swim to Bridgeport CT (Captain's Cove).

We'll be a "Relay team support boat" with a group of swimmers aboard. Really looking forward to it. Hope the weather holds for Saturday morning!

We'll be at Danford's Marina Friday evening if any of our Albin buddies are around and want to say hi!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Swim Across the Sound - 2017

Post by RobS »

Well Saturday Erika and the girls fly to Europe and I'm fishing in an early morning tournament but those are no excuses to not head down to Port Jeff tmrw night! Text me when you get into the marina and we'll go from there.. Safe travels.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Sounds like great fun for a good cause. We participated in the Leukemia Cup Regatta here in Arizona last February to help raise money to fight blood cancers, helping out with shore activities. My wife' son is Executive Director of the Arizona chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. St. Vincent is doing similar good works with the 'Swim Across The Sound' event, so kudos to your for your participation. Wish we could be there. We'll be in Westerly, Rhode Island in a few weeks, but not until September 9th, so I'm afraid we'll miss this one.

Is this your boat? Sure looks like an Albin. If so, bravo!
Swim.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
southerncross
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mount Sinai Harbor

Post by southerncross »

Good seeing you and Kat as brief as it was, prior commitments prevented us from the before and after enjoyment. We had hoped to catch up with you at Captains Cove, but our group of swimmers landed first and as we later saw yours was last. Going back across the sound was not fun but it was an enjoyable day. Hope to catch up soon, and thanks for the tip on both the chairs and now the shore power connects, we owe you a growler of the good stuff. Sue & Gene
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

southerncross wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:03 am Good seeing you and Kat as brief as it was, prior commitments prevented us from the before and after enjoyment. We had hoped to catch up with you at Captains Cove, but our group of swimmers landed first and as we later saw yours was last. Going back across the sound was not fun but it was an enjoyable day. Hope to catch up soon, and thanks for the tip on both the chairs and now the shore power connects, we owe you a growler of the good stuff. Sue & Gene
Hey Guys!

Glad you were able to participate! The SWIM is quite the operation!

So sorry we didn't get a chance to come over and chat Saturday morning. I was exhausted from a long week and a rough ride over the night before. I was napping! Rob and Erika stopped by Friday night and Rob brought me some solder so I could stay up late and finally hook up my new VHF antenna (yes - the one destroyed on the way to LAST year's rendezvous!). Really glad I did since we used the radio extensively and I don't think the handheld would have cut it.

Did you change out your shore power connections?
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

southerncross wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:03 am .... we owe you a growler of the good stuff. Sue & Gene
He was taken care of - Erika and I brought aboard a six pack from Port Jeff Brewery Friday night. :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Don't know what you right coasters are serving up over there, but, hold out for the growler!
IMG_0887.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

WillieC wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:47 pm Don't know what you right coasters are serving up over there, but, hold out for the growler!

IMG_0887.JPG
I guess I phrased it wrong: a six-pack OF Port Jeff Brew. Same stuff that goes in their growlers..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Actually the bottled stuff will last longer, but that's not the point, is it?
Cheers!

Return to “General Discussion”