• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Please keep Florida in your prayers

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

Please keep Florida in your prayers

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Please keep Florida in your prayers and anyone else in the path of Irma.
Thank you
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Please keep Florida in your prayers

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Amen. Concerned for my brother in Fort Pierce. He says he's prepped & can shelter in place at his aunt in laws house that is built to post-Andrew Cat 5 code. They are far enough inland behind a barrier island & up high enough that flooding should not be a problem. Fingers crossed.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

We spend the summers in NE Pennsylvania and I put Honey Girl in the summer haul out program at the Hinckley Service yard in Stuart. They are updating us on their activities by email and I am very impressed with their performance. Attached is a picture of the yard with boats on stands. The red arrow points to the bow of Honey Girl just peeking out between two larger boats. This week they have been hauling many more boats, strapping them down to rings embedded in the concrete and then clearing them of everything that could go flying such as bicycles, surf boards, etc. So I feel pretty confident that everything will be OK as it was with hurricane Matthew last year.
Hinckley-Yard-Hurricane-Irm.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Saw on TV shots of a marina in Punta Gorda where all the water got sucked out as the NW quadrant of the storm passed. Couple boats still in the marina were hard aground on the mud.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “General Discussion”