• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

American Diesel : Gail and Brian Smith

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

American Diesel : Gail and Brian Smith

Post by Bearkeley »

We are hoping to head south this fall on the ICW and currently in the process of getting our A27 ready for the trip. We found Brian Smith at American Diesel, like many on this forum, to be very helpful with getting parts for our 4D61, but more importantly, valued the time he has spent giving me and my husband the confidence to do some of the work on our engine on our own.

If you have ever visited their shop, you probably noticed the various burgees they have on their wall. As of today, they now also have an Albinowners burgee!
IMG_0737.JPG
We also had the pleasure of meeting Gail Smith at the National Marine Trawler Owners Association Rendezvous last week and heard some stories of when she and her husband Bob, enjoyed attending Albin Rendezvous on their 28!

I found out about American Diesel through this forum and thought some of you might appreciate knowing that they are Albinowners as well. If you have questions about your Lehmans (Ford or Peugeot), be sure to call Brian. If he doesn't know the answer, Gail promised to help :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: American Diesel : Gail and Brian Smith

Post by DCatSea »

Brian is a great source of information, and as you say, an inspiration to those who try to do it themselves. I wonder if he or Gail would come to the 2018 Chesapeake Rendezvous to talk "after dinner"?
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “General Discussion”