• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

31 TE vs. 32 + 2

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

31 TE vs. 32 + 2

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Hello All,
I understand that when you want to do multiple things with a boat compromise comes into play.
Having said that, my wife and I like to fish a lot (every weekend when possible fishing 15-25 nm offshore ). We also want to start occasionally ( 1-2 × per year) cruising from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas and from the Port down to the Florida Keys mainly for the purpose of fishing and diving with the duration being 1-2 weeks staying on board.

For the scenario described above, of these two boats, would you recommend the 31 TE or 32 + 2?

I apologize for the long post.
Thanks
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 31 TE vs. 32 + 2

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Is there anyone here that has been offshore on a 31 TE as well as a 32 + 2? Is the ride comparable? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

I would say the 32+2 or a 35te would be a better fit. much more room than a 31te for living and storage. both boats would be equally suited to fishing. never been out in a 31te but I own a 28 and my dad has a 32+2. There is just no comparison, 32+2 would win hands down
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks a lot for the information.
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Apples & oranges those two boats.... spend the time and maybe a few $$ to go out on both boats, not just a dock tour. Use this site for networking, no better bunch of guys on the water than those that you will meet here.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “General Discussion”