• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Winter Cover

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Re: Winter Cover

Post by Nepidae »

We have a Fisher cover, not canvas, a thicker shrink wrap type cover. We've had the cover since 2011-12 winter season in the Philly area. I WAS a strong supporter of their product, then I needed some additions and changes.
We have a 43 and his cover was the first for that size.
He had left the pulpit open, I wanted it closed to protect the teak decks, I had asked many times to get this done.
Over the years there were other areas that needed attention from rubbing areas to broken zipper. Numerous contacts to Fishers finally resulted in a return email that I find another solution.
Needless to say, I wasn't happy with that response.
As fate would interact, we were on Cayuga Lake and another canvas company was able to FIX my cover. Fixed the rub areas, fixed the zipper, fixed other seams that needed attention and put a piece over the pulpit.
Don't know why Fisher couldn't do that, but it is something to consider when looking for a cover.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: Winter Cover

Post by kerrye »

Good info. I didn't know they made any covers other than canvas ones. I didn't see any other ones on their website.

Return to “General Discussion”