• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Winter Cover

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

whiteyvt
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Burlington, VT

Winter Cover

Post by whiteyvt »

Looking for any reviews and recommendations for winter covers for an Albin 28 TE. Tired of paying for and throwing away shrink wrap! Anyone used Fisher Canvas?
David White
"WWHIM", Lake Champlain, Burlington VT
2001 Albin 28 (engine box model)
sweetwater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oakdale

Re: Winter Cover

Post by sweetwater »

Hi Whiteyvt... I have a 28 and have tried shrink wrap and canvas with a metal frame. both took forever to set up. The last three years I have been using a ridgepole out of 4 inch PVC with 4 uprights of the same material. Once it was set up initially, it only takes about an hour and a half from start to finish to cover it. I use a big silver tarp and itstight as a drum. I leave the front and rear open a little for air. Sheds snow great and a cheap harbor freight tarp has lasted 4 season so far. If you want send me your cell and ill snap some photos for u. Cheap, easy and really durable.
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Post by amber jj »

Here is what we have done with our 31TE and a custom two piece canvas and fence pipe put together with awning hardware.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Paddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, NY

Post by Paddy »

The previous owner had a custom cover made and so far I've had 4 great years with it. Easy to to install...it usually takes my wife and I 20 minutes to put it on. We simply line up the radar hole, as well as remote light and hailer then use the sewn in pull strings to drop it down on each side. He installed easy to adjust straps and as a bonus made a storage bag for it. The workmanship is top notch, all areas that need proactive padding line up exactly where they need to be, including the entire length of the railing. Also has an access door. I don't know who made it but the previous owner docked in Mystic CT, maybe other Connecticut folks may recognize the work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2004 28TE
southerncross
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mount Sinai Harbor

Post by southerncross »

We have invested in a Fisher cover for our 28 TE and for our 31 TE couldn't be more pleased in the workmanship and
dealings with the Family Company.
Our 28 is four years old and the 31 is two years old.
Installation is simple as well. Invest in this cover and help save the environment of unneeded trash!
Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Ron »

I have a Fisher cover as well. This winter will be the 16th year of use. I believe that says it all.
Owner of 28' TE
CaptRonV
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chicago Il

Post by CaptRonV »

Does Fisher have a template for the 28TE? Or do you have to provide dimensions etc.? What is the material and the approximate cost?
Captain Ron Voisard
Chicago.Il.
Absolutely
2002 28TE
AlbinTE
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Manatee Pocket, Stuart, FL

Re: Albin 28 TE Winter Cover

Post by AlbinTE »

I advertised a full cover for Albin 28 TE a while back. I have gotten responses from several people but came involved in something that took me away from boating and I never responded nor did I keep the correspondence. Therefore, I still have the cover in my storage area wrapped in plastic and taking up space. I have the Gatsby addition of the TE and live in Florida - no need for the cover. The cover is still for sale for $300. And you pay for shipping. It is in excellent condition having gotten very little use by previous owners.
CaptRonV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CaptRonV »

Sold. I can either pay by credit card, personal check, or Paypal. What is your preference?
Ron Voisard
1415 S. Indiana Ave. Chicago, Il 60605
Cell: 312 371 6691.
Captain Ron Voisard
Chicago.Il.
Absolutely
2002 28TE
CaptRonV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Albin 28 TE Winter Cover

Post by CaptRonV »

AlbinTE wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:45 am I advertised a full cover for Albin 28 TE a while back. I have gotten responses from several people but came involved in something that took me away from boating and I never responded nor did I keep the correspondence. Therefore, I still have the cover in my storage area wrapped in plastic and taking up space. I have the Gatsby addition of the TE and live in Florida - no need for the cover. The cover is still for sale for $300. And you pay for shipping. It is in excellent condition having gotten very little use by previous owners.
Sold. I can either pay by credit card, personal check, or Paypal. What is your preference?
Ron Voisard
1415 S. Indiana Ave. Chicago, Il 60605
Cell: 312 371 6691
ronvoisard@gmail.com
Captain Ron Voisard
Chicago.Il.
Absolutely
2002 28TE
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Post by amber jj »

We can use our cover with the extra hight as a workshop. Out of the wind and weather and we put a small heater in while working.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

Looks like a winter cover for an A25 would run around $1200. That's not a completely unreasonable price given the cost of shrink wrapping. I really like the idea of the external pockets into which 2x4's can be slid in order to produce a tight cover. Looks much easier than constructing framework underneath the cover.

http://www.fishercanvas.com/covers-class2.asp
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

I was the first to respond to you,but since you never responded,I figured you were not very serious thanks...
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

Sent an e-mail to Fisher Canvas inquiring about an A25 cover. No reply yet.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kerrye »

$1682 for an A25 cover plus $125 for a zippered door.

Return to “General Discussion”