• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New York City boat show

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

New York City boat show

Post by amber jj »

Can anyone comment on the boat show at the Javits centre in January?Val and I we thinking we may go there instead of the Toronto show.I was thinking there may be more diesel related products to view.Thankyou Bob
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: New York City boat show

Post by hetek »

I haven't been to the Javit's show in a couple years. As far a diesels go, I recall that Mack Boring attends the shows there. They are a Yanmar dealer, repair and machine shop, among other things. I believe they also offer diesel maintenance "boot camps" at their facility in New Jersey. They teach boat owners how to maintain their diesel engines, how to change filters, bleed fuel systems, etc. They had a half dozen diesels on display last time I recall.

You can Google the show and see a directory of the exhibitor to see if anyone catches your eye.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by amber jj »

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for a bunch of great reviews,but Only got your response.Rather than spending the money on the travel and accommodations we may just as well stay with the Toronto show.We don't get guys that are into diesel or prop shops.It is mostly new boats and the usual clothing and accessory displays.It is not really a bad show but after many many years it has got guite complacent.There also seems to be fewer exhibitors every year.At least at the end of January when the weather is a mess it will give us a days entertainment where it is warm.Bob
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

The only reason it would be worth coming to our show is if you wanted to make it a “NYC experience” trip....the city has a lot to offer, especially this time of year, the show does not....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by amber jj »

Thanks Rob.That was the feeling I was getting about the show when I had gotten very little response. Val has been to New York City a few times and enjoyed herself very much.Last year I briefly looked over the itinerary for the Miami boat show but accommodation at that time in the near area of the show was completely outrages.I was hoping to New York show was going to be outstanding and we would’ve made a weekend of it at the show and sightseeing along with the shopping of course.Thank for the heads up Bob & Val
Nancy's Promise
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Keyport NJ

Post by Nancy's Promise »

NY boat show gets smaller and smaller every year. The AC boat show in March is better. I think the Annapolis boat show in Oct is the best in the north east.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

We found the individual rooms at this hostel very affordable for a NYC getaway. A train trip from Toronto to Manhattan would be very nice.

http://www.broadwayhotelnyc.com/
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

I haven't gone for years. I used to leave the office for a quick look instead of lunch. It had a desperate feel like I missed boating and summer so much it was better than nothing. Nothing like an in water show like my favorite in Newport. There used to be shuttle buses from Grand Central Station. Cross town traffic makes you wish you were walking so you could get there faster.

Return to “General Discussion”