• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Anybody in Rockport Tx area

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Oldsalt
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Astor Florida

Anybody in Rockport Tx area

Post by Oldsalt »

Am interested in a used Albin 27 located in Rockport Tx. if any member is located in this are and would be willing to look at the boat it would be much appreciated before I make a 1200 mile trip

Thanks

Oldsalt
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: Anybody in Rockport Tx area

Post by Jay Knoll »

Hi Salt

Not anywhere near there but I did take a look at the Corpus Christi Craigslist listing, I think I've seen that boat advertised on the web several years ago. I'm sure others will chime in, but it looks like the ports in the main cabin have been leaking, hence the "bubbles" in the headliner -- look at the galley picture.

So you might have some repair work ahead of you, search the forum there are others here who have had the same problem.

I was trying to figure out what was going on under the pilot house windows, if there were leaks there as well (I had them on my boat) but couldn't figure out what was happening.

I know it is tempting to get a "first look" by someone else before springing for a airplane ticket, I asked a VERY experienced friend to do the same for me -- following his enthusiastic recommendation I hopped on a plane and flew up only to discover that he had overlook MAJOR water intrusion with associated rot.

From then on I went and looked at boats personally ....................... just saying

Good luck on the search

Jay
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

No, and that 27 on Corpus Cristi CL does look nice. But if you'd be willing to consider a 25 & drive (or fly & rent a car to inspect make a deal) the same 1,200 mile distance from Florida to Upstate NY as to Rockport, TX for what looks like a nice turn-key 1978 model (which is about as new an A25 as you're ever likely to find, since they went out of production in 1980), there's this one listed on YachtWorld located in Macedon, NY. Yes it's smaller than a 27, but has the advantage of trailerability. You could haul North to cruise summers anywhere you want and avoid hurricane season, and take it back to Florida for the winter. I've been to Macedon, it's right on the Erie Canal, which itself is a fun place to cruise, a few miles East of Rochester NY. He's asking $22,500, but at least from the photos it looks totally tricked out, including a 2013 30 HP Beta/Kubota engine with 200 hours on it and a pair of swiveling bucket seats, a built in cooler (12V?), canvas enclosure, nicely done cushions & cabin table. The only thing it seems to lack is sophisticated navigation electronics. Doesn't mention having a trailer come with it, but does show a picture of it sitting on one. As I recall, didn't you want to avoid a project boat? To me as much as one can tell from photos, it's either been well cared for and/or recently restored. Heck, if I lived that close I'd be tempted to sell my boat & buy this one. Anyone know if this is an AOG member boat?

Disclaimer: I have no connection to or financial interest in this boat or the seller.

<>

AA Macedon A25 c.jpg
AA Macedon A25.jpg
AA Macedon A25 b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Oldsalt
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Oldsalt »

Thanks Desert Albin for information on the Albin 25 in Macedon NY.
Have seen th add previously but now may give it a closer look.
Oldsalt
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Oldsalt »

Thank u for reply and heads up on port side windows. Owner did say some of the port side windows could use resealing
Thanks again
loritnj
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Barnegat Bay, NJ

Post by loritnj »

<>

Look familiar?
loritnj
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Barnegat Bay, NJ

Post by loritnj »

That we the wrong one. It's this one i believe<>
boater_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seabrook, Texas

Post by boater_mike »

Oldsalt,

Just saw this posting as I'm new to the group.

I purchased the Albin 27 in Rockport Texas. I thought it to be a very good price. It has, until the last year, been used in freshwater, and on the hard in the off-season. It shows. For a 1984 model, some areas of the boat still looks new. The cabin headliners (both) looked as the backing glue had deteriorated, but around the cabin windows were solid. Not so much for the house windows.

The PO had brought it down last summer and his spouse immediately had some health issues. It sat on the trailer since.

-Mike
"Corda Francis" - 1984 ALBIN 27FC #129

Return to “General Discussion”