• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Ed Winarski passed away

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Ed Winarski passed away

Post by Albinflorida »

Some of you remember Ed as the customer service rep at the Albin factory. He was a good man;

Obituary for Edward Z. Winarski
Edward Z Winarski, 71, of Portsmouth died Sunday, April 15, 2018 at Newport Hospital of Newport, RI. Mr. Winarski was born June 1, 1946 in McKeesport, PA. He is the son of the late Edward J and the late Mary (Figiel) Winarski. He was married to Cynthia (Mello) Winarski for 38 years.
After graduated from high school, Ed joined the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War.

Ed was very involved in the Marine industry throughout his adult life. Throughout his career, he worked for many yachting companies, such as, Pearson Yachts, Concordia Yachts, and Oday Yachts. He loved the ocean.
He was a Corvette enthusiast, collecting them was a hobby. He loved the times he and Cynthia spent in St. Pete’s Beach, Florida with their many friends that they made throughout the years. He loved animals, but was especially fond of his cats. He enjoyed his time volunteering at the Newport Hospital, and was an avid Pittsburg Steelers Fan.

He is survived by his wife: Cynthia (Mello) Winarski, and his siblings Mark Winarski and Monica Staley, and many friends from around the world.

Calling hours will be Wednesday, April 18 from 4-7pm in Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.

A Mass of Christian burial will be held at 12:00 pm on Thursday, April 19 at St. Barnabas Church, 1697 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
Burial will be private
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Ed Winarski passed away

Post by Pitou »

Thanks for sharing.

In my experience in the 2004 - '05 timeframe, Ed was always receptive and a good communicator. Once Ed left Albin, so did end user customer service. Fair winds and following seas.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Some of you remember Ed as the customer service rep at the Albin factory. He was a good man;
I do remember Ed. When I purchased Afterglow he was very helpful with all my "newbie" questions.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
afrayedknot
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Goose Pond Marina, Scottsboro, AL (TN River Mi 378)

Post by afrayedknot »

So sorry to learn of Ed's passing. He was always most helpful and patient in responding to all my concerns when I purchased my 36ET. Even though he has been gone from Albin for awhile, I felt that I still had something of a connection knowing he was still around. Rest in peace Ed.
Bob on "A Frayed Knot" 36ET

Return to “General Discussion”