• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Owner's Manuals

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jjhebert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

Albin Owner's Manuals

Post by jjhebert »

Recently purchased an 87 Albin 27 sport cruiser after a long search. It has an Isuzu diesel that purrs. I am searching for engine manuals and electrical diagrams for the vessel. Anyone have any luck with either?
James Addicted 2 Sea
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Albin Owner's Manuals

Post by DougSea »

Hi James. I split your post from the original thread given that it is 11 years old!

We do have a document library for supporting members but there’s not a lot the on the 27 unless you’re looking for some drawings and interesting marketing materials from back in the day. The library is available to supporting members of AOG. Buy yourself on of the back in stock burgees or a hat and you’re in for life! :)

EDIT - I went back and checked in the engines section and there is a manual for the Isuzu 6B series.

Generally there’s no such thing as an “Owners Manual” for ANY vintage Albin. Really just the manuals for add one like electronics, generators, and such that the previous owners assembled.

Best of luck with your new 27!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

As a matter of interest, when I purchased my A-30FC new in 2015, I noted the absence of any kind of owner's manual. I wrote a polite letter to the owner of the Albin company and pointed out how useful a manual would be and compared it with a previous Hunter sailboat I had that came with a very good manual that included all "as fitted" drawings and all the basics necessary to know the boat. I received a response the owner himself that seemed to understand my point and promised to do something about it. Not long afterwards the owner retired and the company was closed before any manuals came into existence.
Thankfully, this site has been most useful as a source of information submitted by Albin owners that helps fill the gaps caused by Albin's "no manual" policy.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
Tdelaney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mattapoiset

Post by Tdelaney »

Are there any Manuals in your archive for a 92 32 Sportfish? always like to have as much info as possible while learning new systems.
Tom Delaney
1992 32 Sportfish
Agave Azul
Mattapoisett Ma
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

A minor correction to my previous post...I purchased my A-30FC new in 2005, not 2015!
Of course there was no "Albin" manual, but there was a thick binder with the instructions for the installed pieces, engine, AC, electronics, etc.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada

Return to “General Discussion”