• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

surveyor needed

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

larryrotta
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: suttons bay, MI

surveyor needed

Post by larryrotta »

I may be close to my TE 28 so now I'm in need of a recommended surveyor in the Annapolis area. Boat is 2001, Yanmar powered. I'm from MI and know no one in the area. Please help. Thanks
Radioman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ft. Myers Beach, FL

Re: surveyor needed

Post by Radioman »

Try Mike Grame of True Blue Marine, LLC cell 410-980-3974, office 757-325-9085
He recently surveyed a boat for me down in Va. Beach but I know he works in Annapolis also.
He did an excellent job, was easy to work with, and charged a reasonable price.
Feel free to email me if necessary. whall@emciwireless.com
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

CAPT. Jon Sheller (USN) at Rockhold Creek Marina, Deale MD 410 867 7919. Good guy and a former USN Submarine Service Captain, so MUST be great. 20 minutes from Annapolis.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
nussbda
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Kent Island, MD

Post by nussbda »

Ken Roberts of East Coast Marine Surveying And Thermal Imaging, 301.922.5394, surveyed a Camano 31 for me. He was very thorough and knowledgeable. I was very satisfied.
larryrotta
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: suttons bay, MI

Post by larryrotta »

Thanks to he three of you for for your timely response to my inquiry. I spoke with each of the souls you guys referred and I suspect I'd been satisfied with the work of all of them. Mike is too far away and travel cost would have added $200 to the survey. Jon was fun but I think we would have spent too much time with submarine stories to get the survey finished. He also was a bit distant (only travelwise). Should this evolve I will use Ken Roberts, an impressive guy who explained his work and approach clearly. Not sure I'm looking forward to reading a 40 page report though; my sense has been the best reports are 8-9 pages. The boat is in Chester, MD and I can't get there till around the first of Oct so I hope she is as good real as she looks on paper. Thank you again
Emcunningham
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Chestertown

Post by Emcunningham »

http://www.corsicamarinesurveys.com/

This is who we recently used. Travis Palmer. He was fantastic, even through major delays, weather, last min financing changes... and he is right in the area of the boat you are looking to survey! His prices were incredibly reasonable, and he fit us in, last min. Palmer seems to prefer e-mail and text over phone calls, just a heads up.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Us old submariners are somewhat prone to extended sea-stories. The trait becomes more pronounced after tot-time, and dits may extend far beyond the stamina of mere skimmers. :D

Beware of old sailors who start with, "I remember....." or possibly even worse, "Did you ever......?"
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “General Discussion”