• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Printed Trawler mags

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Printed Trawler mags

Post by DCatSea »

Just got my "complimentary" sub to "Boating" courtesy of the Baltimore Boat Show - I'm only going there to meet a buyer for my 9' Zodiac, and anyway the ticket is only $12.00 - and "Hooters" is next to the Convention Center.

This comp issue has confirmed my thought that most, if not all, boating magazines are mere advert carriers aimed that the "rich and famous", most of whom seem to live in places where sun protection is the prime concern. "Passagemaker" now unfortunately falls into this category, so I guess that's out.

That said, I get pretty much all I need from AOG, and - dare I say it - Trawler Forum, but I'm one of those people who still buys and reads paper books (yes, I do have a Kindle), and still has a library card, so it should come as no surprise when I say that I would like recommendations for a print magazine that focuses on:
  • Trawlers, and all associated stuff - cruising, fishing, anchoring in thin water, maintaining older boats, tackling strange odors, etc
    • Not charging around at breakneck speed in the fairway. (Apparently a prime "raison d'etre" for the R&F)
      • Not spending an arm and leg for things I can probably (maybe) do myself.
        • Not succumbing too often to printed ads.

Any recommendations from Albineers? (And how do I turn off LISTS?)
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

Re: Printed Trawler mags

Post by jashmen »

I really have enjoyed Soundings. Not a trawler mag, but geared to the true boater, not the guy buying a 1200 hp floating stereo.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Printed Trawler mags

Post by DougSea »

DCatSea wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:02 pm Any recommendations from Albineers? (And how do I turn off LISTS?)
What do you mean by lists? Digests?
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “General Discussion”