• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Navico (Simrad) WheelPro 5000

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Navico (Simrad) WheelPro 5000

Post by coolchange »

So, I have had this unit in a deep hole onboard for the past years and finally got around to giving it a try...with no directions yet. Seems to be a little "sketchy" in ability to hold a course for long...but in fairness I was on a river running pretty fast with lots of turns on the route..,maybe now that I have downloaded the "how to" it could get a little better...Anyway...anybody have any pro/con experience with one of these? and if so got any advice on "tuning" its performance? Hooking up to the Furuno NavNet?? toss it and spend the money on a modern solution? Also, I need a "clutch lever" which is not available from the company...my solution at the moment is to put enough weight on the motor to hold the drive belt tight...works but not elegant.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Navico (Simrad) WheelPro 5000

Post by catalina_mike »

No experience with the unit itself but the Navnet network is proprietary and you would need to use a common protocol if available like Nema 0183 so they could talk.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “General Discussion”