• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

ENTEC DIESEL GENERATOR

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

AlbinTE
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Manatee Pocket, Stuart, FL

ENTEC DIESEL GENERATOR

Post by AlbinTE »

Any suggestions on how and/or if the ENTEC GENERATOR ,buried deep in the bilge, can be replaced? What would be a good replacement?
ppmeis
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marinette, WI

Re: ENTEC DIESEL GENERATOR

Post by ppmeis »

Throw money at it until it is replaced. Seriously though, which half of the genny is broken? If it is the engine maybe a rebuild or repower. If it is the generator they can also often be rebuilt. If it some aspect of the controller then it is easy to replace. In any case, removing the old one is a "piece at a time" project.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

AlbinTE wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:12 am Any suggestions on how and/or if the ENTEC GENERATOR ,buried deep in the bilge, can be replaced? What would be a good replacement?
It sure can be replaced .. all it takes is Money! What is wrong with your generator?

I had to replace the Farymann diesel engine on my 4kw Entec .. could have been repaired, but parts were expensive and it was close enough dollar wise to just replace. It was about $2,200 from Mastry Engine six years ago.
http://www.mastry.com/products/MasPower ... ors4kW.asp
ppmeis wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:46 amremoving the old one is a "piece at a time" project.
This is so true .. to a point. I'll find some pictures and add later.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Northern Lights is an excellent generator. They were used in some of the factory 31 & 35's but I don't know about the 28te. Check on the size of the smallest northern lights and see if you have room. My former
35te came without a gen. set. I put in one later made in Florida. Don't recall the name now but it had a short life and never worked as well as those the northern I have had in later boats.
Howard
JBrooks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cedar Creek Marina, Old Hickory Lake, Mt. Juliet, TN

Post by JBrooks »

I have a Next Generation 5.5kw (Kubota Z482 & Markon alternator) in my Albin 30FC. It lives under the rear cockpit hatch/flooring and is hard to reach. It's 258 pounds with a sound shield that makes it very hard to work on. Mine quit producing voltage late in 2018. It's a small unit and probably matches your Entec West. I replaced the choke, brushes and AVR the last few weeks. It's back up and running but I was getting ready to spend 10K to replace it if not more.
JB
Floridays
2004 Albin 30FC
Perkins M265TI
Bprestonjd
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Florida

Post by Bprestonjd »

With Entec having been bought several years ago, where do I find motor mounts for the 4200 D generator?
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Bprestonjd wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:31 pm With Entec having been bought several years ago, where do I find motor mounts for the 4200 D generator?
I'd try Mastry Engine in St Pete, FL as they bought Entec West. Otherwise try Farymann Diesel North America. That's the diesel engine used by Entec.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “General Discussion”