• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Leaking fresh water tank

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Longo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Milford ct

Leaking fresh water tank

Post by Longo »

Hello all,

Have an 85 37’ palm beach model with the large (approx 115 gal) fresh water tank all the way aft up agains the transom which is stainless steel and is leaking. I know it is just a few inches off the bottom and believe it is coming from a seem. Totally unable to see the bottom or the sides of the tank, they really shoved this tank in there... I have tried JB Weld which slowed the leak but it’s still there. Anyone have any ideas of what i could use to patch from inside the tank?? At this point i’m close to cutting the top off the tank and putting a smaller new plastic tank in there....any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks much - John.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Leaking fresh water tank

Post by catalina_mike »

Maybe you can fit a smaller bladded tank in...

https://www.amazon.com/AQUATANK2-Water- ... B009MU64Y0

If you have access cut a hole and verify the leak is stopped then seal the top hole. Flex seal should not be in contact with drinking water. But if you are just using it for non drinking purposes flex seal away.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
ppmeis
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marinette, WI

Re: Leaking fresh water tank

Post by ppmeis »

Your best quick fix will be to empty the tank and try one of any number of "goobers" on the market. If you can actually get to the leak S.S. can be welded by an expert.

If it is just a drip why not just live with it?

pete

Return to “General Discussion”