• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

looking for a 28 albin

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

mholsen
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: San Diego

looking for a 28 albin

Post by mholsen »

Hi folks. I just moved back to San Diego, after 8 years in Sacramento and looking for a 28 Albin. Not many resources here on the west coast. Closest boat I found was in Edmond Washington. I am willing to buy the boat on the east coast and will ship out, but not to many available. I understand why. Great boat with a loyal following. I love the fact that it is a single screw, economical, great design, I am keeping on yacht world, but also posting here to see if any one may have a lead that is not one the mls for yachts. Looking forward to being a albin owner!
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Re: looking for a 28 albin

Post by Ben423 »

A few weeks ago I saw an A28 on a trailer at Marine Fabricators in Costa Mesa. The business owner, Tom Carson, told me it's his son's and he wants to sell it. The boat looked to be in good shape.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

Keep your eye on craigslist also. That’s where I found my 28 and put a deposit on it the same day it was listed. If it’s a nice one you generally have to move fast
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

There's a 1971 Albin 25 on CL- SF bay area > east bay > for sale > boats - by owner asking 5.5K. Know its not a 28, but it looks like it has solid bones

Good luck in your search.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

There's a 1971 Albin 25 on CL- SF bay area > east bay > for sale > boats - by owner asking 5.5K. Know its not a 28, but it looks like it has solid bones
Huge difference between an Albin 25 (the A25 on CL is same year as mine) and a 28 TE. So mholsen, is the TE what you're looking for? Not to be confused with Albin 27FC. Outwardly similar lines, but the former is a high powered fast sport fishing boat while the latter is a slow semi-displacement aft cabin pocket trawler, the 'FC' stands for "Family Cruiser".
28TE.jpg
A27 in Pensacola.jpg
At $5,500 the A25 on the SF Area CL is dirt cheap, but appears doesn't include a trailer, and except for the kicker motor and anchor windlass appears, at least as best can be discerned from photos is straight stock, and appears to have some mold/mildew issues and otherwise a bit rough around the edges. But for the price, even if the engine is questionable, would be a bargain as a minor TLC project boat. Cheap enough to be able to drop a new engine in. But if indeed you're set on a fast sport fishing boat the A25 or the A27 is not for you. On the other hand, the A25 would be economical all around & trailerable too, especially if you had the time, place to work on it. All that's lacking is a good custom fit trailer, from for example Pacific Trailers.

In the summers of 2008 & 2012 we kept the Catalina 25 sailboat we used to own in the CYM marina in Chula VIsta, and in 2012 did our last SoCal sailboat cruise harbor hopping up the coast from Chula VIsta to San Pedro and out to Catalina Island. Any one of the above boats would be great for a trip like that, especially the 28 TE which could be used to catch a mess of fish.
DSCN3795.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “General Discussion”