• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

side power control panel

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Chuckatuck Ray
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Naval Sailing Center, Norfolk, Va.

side power control panel

Post by Chuckatuck Ray »

I have a 1998 Albin 28te with a Side Power bow thruster. The control panel for the bow thruster works intermittently. Does anyone have a Side Power Control panel part number 8812, in good condition, for sale? Please contact me on this site or by email (rfaircloth1@verizon.net) if you have one or know where I can find one.
Thanks, Ray
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: side power control panel

Post by Tree »

I have a spare pushbutton one but by the time i have sent it over the atalantic - it'll be cheaper to buy a replacement.

Sleipner if i recall are the parent company, you can still buy legacy control panels - i replaced mine for a joystick model not that long ago.

https://side-power.com/forhandlere/
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Chuckatuck Ray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Chuckatuck Ray »

Tree, Thanks for the info on the web site. I'll give it a try. So far I've have zero luck in finding one. IMTRA said I would have to change my motor from a three wire unit to a four wire one and run new wires. It would be much harder than installing an exact replacement.
Ray
elad9000
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart FL

Post by elad9000 »

The thruster panel on enJOYCEment died several years ago. Replaced it with a simple momentary ON-OFF-ON rocker switch. Switch defaults to the OFF position. No problems after several years.
Dale Purdy
enJOYCEment
2000 28 TE 1800 hrs
Stuart, FL
Chuckatuck Ray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Chuckatuck Ray »

Glad to hear that you found an inexpensive replacement for the Side Power switch. As of this date I have not been able to find a replacement from anyone in the states. I may have to take the same route you did. What does the switch you installed look like; is it about the same size of the side power switch, does it have push buttons or do you turn a switch left or right?
I appreciate you replying to my post. It sure helps getting advice from others in this group.

Best regards,
Ray Faircloth
Sassy
elad9000
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart FL

Post by elad9000 »

Here is a link to the switch I used.

https://www.amazon.com/U-S-Solid-Open-C ... 166&sr=8-6
Dale Purdy