• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

REGISTRATION CLOSED

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

REGISTRATION CLOSED

Post by WillieC »

I just noticed this declaration beneath the AOG flag when I login. Now this could have been there for a few years and I’m just noticing it, or maybe it is simply a time of day or day of the week related event. I certainly hope it is not indicative of anything serious.

Perhaps someone official at AOG would be so kind as to weigh in.

Thank you all for your hard work keeping AOG worthwhile and informative, in spite of ourselves.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: REGISTRATION CLOSED

Post by jcollins »

Unfortunately the idiots are back. For the last couple of weeks we've had 50-60 false registrations a day. This is aggravating and wastes my time. I know it's minor in comparison to what is going on in the world but it does take away from the hour or so I have to read posts and respond to messages. It's only temporary.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

John

if it of any help i am happy to jump in with any moderating if need be - i am up the thick end of five hours before you guys over here so can easily do a forum cleanup removing spam etc?
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

John, thank you for the simple explanation. I didn't mean to be nosy at all, I just hoped that because you have sale pending on Afterglow, you might just be done with all of us.

That would be not good.

There is so much I have learned and so many good folks we have met here at AOG, both digitally and in-person, and I would hate to lose it. Now, granted, everything changes and nothing lasts forever.. I'm just grateful for this venue.

Sorry for your having to deal with the idiots. Most of us have no idea what you deal with on a daily basis but know that I appreciate all that unseen work. This is the only forum I actively participate in mainly because it is not like so many others, where a simple question or opinion is ridiculed and excoriated right out of the gate and you better be out of Dodge before sundown! Podner!

Many thanks again!
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Ditto what WillieC said. As a result of our involvement with AOG our boating experience has been enhanced beyond measure. Like Rick, aka WillieC, we've interacted digitally & personally. WillieC & I have cruised together up to Desolation Sound, attended Albineers of BC rendezvous and met all those great folks. We've stayed at Rick's home on Hood Canal and he and his wife have been to our home in AZ. We've met dkirsop (and enjoyed his hospitality at his home on Pender Island) & ssrig in BC, sunsetrider in Gananoque, ON, stayed at their home & got a ride around Thousand Islands on his A25 "Manatee".
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

As we sit here locked down and wondering when or how the hell we are going to get the work done to launch in 3 weeks I thank all at AOG and JohnC in particular for making me welcome back in 2005, and quickly helping me feel like a long term Albineer. I have learned a great deal, made Mazboot a lot better, and increased the size and quality of my toolbox as a result of reading the posts on this great forum.
Hopefully we'll be sitting on our new slip at Shipwright Harbour, Deale MD soon.

Thanks to all.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

Post by jashmen »

Ditto everyone else. If you need help, just ask.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Thanks for the comments everyone. Given the current state of the world the spammers and phishers are even worse. Playing on peoples fears and confusion the scams are crazy. My work is trying to stay ahead of all the nonsense on the security side yet provide as much support as we can for remote users. I've been working remote 3-4 days a week for 20 years so it's not a stretch for me. But some folks have never been stuck at home for more than a few days.
Unfortunately my buyer dropped out of sight. I put $$$ into Afterglow over the last 6 weeks working off the surveyors punch list. I'm guessing the Coronavirus is much more important the buying my boat right now. I'll update the AD with the latest fixes soon.

“Remember this principle when something threatens to cause you pain: the thing itself was no misfortune at all; to endure it and prevail is great good fortune.” — Marcus Aurelius

Stay safe out there. Protect yourself and your family.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Ugh, sorry to hear about the disappearing buyer, John. Tough time to be selling a boat or almost anything.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987

Return to “General Discussion”