• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Covid-19. A heads up.

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Re: Covid-19. A heads up.

Post by Ben423 »

Globalresearch.ca, a Canadian conspiracy theory website operated by Michel Chossudovsky's Centre for Research on Globalization. I would prefer that we stick to the important stuff on this forum. You know, Albins.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Shopping list: Mushrooms, Norwegian Seeded Crispbread from Trader Joe's, Raisins, Deli Ham, Tapioca, Tomatoes on the vine, Diet Cokes, Bourbon (Elijah Craig), Gin (Citadelle), Vermouth (Noilly Prat), Limoncello, Listerine, Red Potatoes, Ice Cream, Popsicles (Grape), Shaft Zinc 1 1/4", Transom Zinc, Black Garbage Bag opener (to make port and roof hatch shades),12 large suction cups, USCG fuel line.

Move on folks; there's nothing to see here.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

FYI
The Florida beaches have been closed for a week.
There isn’t much partying going on down here.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Well I’ve just been sent a letter. Basically stating that because of my work I cannot close the company down or go into any form of lockdown.

Can’t use the boat anyway - ministry of defence police are stopping people from leaving the harbour!

I was looking forward to a couple of weeks off like everyone else in the country.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

FYI
The Florida beaches have been closed for a week.
There isn’t much partying going on down here.
Update, Monday, 3/30: I guess AZ governor Ducey must be monitoring my AOG posts. Just today he signed a statewide stay at home order, effective tomorrow at 5 PM, finally. Not quite a total shutdown get-ticketed-if-caught-outside order, but I guess coming to out for an Arizonapalooza free for all party is now out of the question. Drove past the local mall on the way to the Total Wine store to stock up libations for the bunker & noticed the mall parking lots were practically empty. Eerie sight during snowbird season.
Disregard below, see above.

I guess if people still want to party they can come on out here to AZ to play. (snark). Our Gov. Ducey even to this day has refused to issue any statewide stay at home executive orders in defiance of written requests from mayors of nine major AZ cities & towns including Phoenix, Flagstaff, & Tucson. Confirmed cases in AZ are now over 1,000, with at least one or more in every county (AZ population 7,278,717 & 1,157 cases/1.6 per 10,000 vs FL population 21,477,737 & 5,473 cases/2.55 per 10,000). Lists of "essential" AZ businesses being allowed to stay open include golf courses and “personal hygiene services”, which has been interpreted to include barbers, hairdressers and nail salons. Hey, can't go out for a round of golf with hair & nails a mess!

https://azdailysun.com/news/local/mayor ... 621c8.html

We took our boat out over the weekend, not coming remotely close to any direct contact with other people. As we anchored in our favorite cove we saw three 30+ foot large cabin cruisers rafted up (just for the day, not staying overnight) with at least five or six people on each boat including adults & children & most assuredly not practicing social distancing. Similar things going on elsewhere on the lake.

Other headlines in the above linked news story include "Flagstaff hospitals reach capacity", "Coconino County (that includes Flagstaff, the largest city in northern AZ) recieves F grade for social distancing based of GPS data", "Coconino County has second COVID 19 death as cases continue to rise"
Last edited by DesertAlbin736 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
rcwhite
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southport Maine

Post by rcwhite »

Content removed as topic appears to be inappropriate for this forum.

My apologies

“Well said and thank you. There are thousands of political sites and just as many Covid-19 discussion sites. This is not one of them.
John
28 TE Convertible "Afterglow"”
Last edited by rcwhite on Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

Ben423 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:02 pm Globalresearch.ca, a Canadian conspiracy theory website operated by Michel Chossudovsky's Centre for Research on Globalization. I would prefer that we stick to the important stuff on this forum. You know, Albins.
I hold no remit for Global Research either way, but the sources in the article are reputable, and considerably more knowledgeable about epidemiology than, I would hazard a guess, your good self. As a retired professor of biology myself, with an epidemiologist for a wife, I would also suggest that I am rather better qualified to assess such opinions than your good self. We are in a period of global panic, confronting a minor disease of rapid contagion with means that might be called for if we had a return of something akin to the Black Death, of which no doubt you also know little. Ignorance never surprises me, continued ignorance in the face of informed commentary becomes stupidity. I presented this link with the thought that there might be someone in the present company who could understand the information presented. That, indeed, was my hope.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Bob Noodat wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:40 pm I hold no remit for Global Research either way, but the sources in the article are reputable, and considerably more knowledgeable about epidemiology than, I would hazard a guess, your good self. As a retired professor of biology myself, with an epidemiologist for a wife, I would also suggest that I am rather better qualified to assess such opinions than your good self. We are in a period of global panic, confronting a minor disease of rapid contagion with means that might be called for if we had a return of something akin to the Black Death, of which no doubt you also know little. Ignorance never surprises me, continued ignorance in the face of informed commentary becomes stupidity. I presented this link with the thought that there might be someone in the present company who could understand the information presented. That, indeed, was my hope.
Bob, your post borders on personal attack, and possibly I'm being too generous. Please desist. You could have gotten your point across much more effectively without it.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Doug, what is a Black Garbage Bag opener? For that matter, what is a garbage bag opener?
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I want to steer clear of the politics of the situation for fear of starting a flame war. AOG is my refuge from the woes of the world
Well said and thank you. There are thousands of political sites and just as many Covid-19 discussion sites. This is not one of them.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Ref Black Garbage Bag opener - its a roll of thick plastic that you put in black (or green) garbage bags to hold them open. They work really well in this role. (Ace Hardware - $13.00)
I thought I'd try to fashion port shades and hatch shades from them, held in place with suction cups. If it works I'll post pix (when I can get to boat again :-(
Garbage bag holder opener.jpg
Also - pretty much finished the shopping list. Well set to hibernate. Plenty to do in garden and garage (shop).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Garbage bag opener? Pretty cool especially useful for fall leaf raking. So when the bag is full you pull the opener thing up & out? Another one of those "duh, why didn't I think of that?" inventions.
In COVID news, Chris Cuomo, host of CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time" show is symptomatic & has tested positive for COVID 19 & is self quarantining in isolation in his home basement. IMO however else one might feel about the network as a whole, Cuomo is one of the more centrist & reasonable hosts of that genre, always respectful of guests with opposing viewpoints, never overtly hostile or condescending but not letting them get off the hook easy. What's kind of fun to watch is when he interviews his brother, NY Governor Andrew Cuomo & they rib each other in friendly tongue in cheek (or maybe for real) family issues & big brother-little brother sibling rivalry. For example Chris chided Andrew for 'always going around in ill fitting suits', and Andrew jibed him for only working a couple hours a day, going back & forth on which one is the Mom's favorite son.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

I would also like to stay away from politics on this forum. There are plenty of places to get factual info on the pandemic. unfortunately there also a lot of places to get political spin and fear mongering. lets keep it Albin boats and boating. If someone wishes to post Info about COVID-19 Fine, as long as you have MD, PHD behind your name.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

I think the thread has run its course. You guys are well and truly in the same situation as we are here now. It was an initial heads up for what to expect and as I see it everyone has their sensible heads on and are taking all the measures they can to slow the spread of the virus. We are all fully aware of what we need to do now so please just stay safe and look out for those who are more vulnerable.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

I'm with you Rich. Can't get to the boat now (DAMMIT!) but Il Commodora has a Honey-do list that is growing exponentially. Unfortunately I left all my painting stuff at the boat ;-). Should have a truly great garden this year though; the goal is veggie self-sufficiency. Also have mucho Gin and Bourbon, just a bit short on mixers but that problem will be sorted very quickly.

On a positive note, I have just signed up to do the Vessel Safety Check Examiner program with USPS. Should be fun, and useful.

Best to all Albineers; stay safe, and stay the &*#@ at home. :-)

DA736 - Bin Openers are at Ace Hardware.

NOTE: If my old Mum could handle the London Blitz at age 22, I guess I can manage this at 72.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak

Return to “General Discussion”