• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Garbage Bag opener becomes port shades

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Garbage Bag opener becomes port shades

Post by DCatSea »

Ref:Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:49 pm
"Ref Black Garbage Bag Opener (GBO) - its a roll of thick plastic that you put in black (or green) garbage bags to hold them open. They work really well in this role. (Ace Hardware - $13.00)
I thought I'd try to fashion port shades and hatch shades from them, held in place with suction cups. If it works I'll post pix (when I can get to boat again)"

Well I finally got round to doing these things. Actually turned out pretty well, with enough GBO left over to do the upper hatch when I get to boat to measure it up.
Very easy project that will, I hope, help to keep the cabins cool and stop the sun from waking us up at 0500.
IMG_7272.JPG
IMG_7273.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: Garbage Bag opener becomes port shades

Post by nebulatech »

Clever!
Given their intent for outdoor use, let's hope they are fairly UV resistant.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Garbage Bag opener becomes port shades

Post by DCatSea »

Hadn't though of that, but I can say that the one I use for garbage bags lived outside for years and was as black as it ever was until I ran over it with the lawn mower.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “General Discussion”