• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Boating and Fishing COVID-19 Updates by State

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Boating and Fishing COVID-19 Updates by State

Post by RobS »

Very handy link on My Boat Life website: https://www.myboatlife.com/2020/04/boat ... state.html
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Boating and Fishing COVID-19 Updates by State

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Thanks, that's a handy link. In AZ fishing is unrestricted for licensed anglers, subject to rules and/or closures at individual lakes. For my home waters of Lake Pleasant located NW of Phoenix here's the FAQ on the entrance and ramps on the east side of the lake that I use. My boat is currently parked 15 miles from the lake offsite on the trailer at a yard 2 miles from my house as usual. Now that summer heat is in full force (forecast high of 104 today) we're done with the lake until at least mid to late October, regardless of anything going on with COVID-19 restrictions or lifting thereof. In summer it's too crazy on the lake with loud cigarette boats, water skiers, & party people.
Untitled.jpg
"Dillons" is a BBQ restaurant & bar in the main Pleasant Harbor marina building.

On this lake there are separate entrances and marinas on each side. On the east shore there's Pleasant Harbor ramps and marina which is run by the quasi governmental water users association "MWD", aka "Maricopa Water District". The west side ramps, campgrounds, and entrance is a recreational park run by Maricopa County Parks & Rec and a privately owned & managed marina concession. I use the MWD/Pleasant Harbor side because a)it's 5 miles closer in the direction I come from, and b) since I'm a veteran I don't have to pay the normal $6 entry fee, only the $2 launch fee for the boat. There is no private property on the lake, which is surrounded by rugged hilly desert which with the exception of a few parts of the NW shore is mostly inaccessible by land except for a few spots for shore camping. And even where you can drive to the shore in some parts you need a high ground clearance 4X4 to get back in there. From the dam at the south end to the upper end, not counting the Agua Fria arm, is about 4 miles. The Agua Fria River arm has some bald eagle nesting sites upstream, so access closed off from December 15 to June 15 during hatchling season. Which is why except for going for the occasional boat ride & anchoring overnight in one of the coves we like to hitch up & head for other waters like Pacific NW during summer. But not this year.

For the County Parks side the restrictions are:
MAIN ENTRANCE

The park will enter into a temporary mandated hard closure from 11 am to 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday at the main park entry.
Park closure may be implemented prior to 11 a.m., if occupancy reaches capacity standards for COVID-19. Closures have been implemented as early as 8:30 a.m. for this entrance.

No new entries/re-entries will be allowed into the park during this period.
and for the west shore marina, aka "Scorpion Bay":
SCORPION BAY MARINA

Marina slip renters and individuals with boat reservations should be in the park by 11 am or after 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday if at all possible.
Individuals visiting Scorpion Bay Marina should contact the marina for further information on how the changes will impact their visit.
And general park hours:
Park hours for Lake Pleasant Regional Park are 6 am to 8 pm Sunday through Saturday.
No overnight tent/RV shoreline camping, no "boat camping".
Lake Pleasant Satellite.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

You had me at Scorpion Bay...NOT! I think I'll visit places like Pleasant Harbor. Rattlesnake Campground, Black Widow Wonderland, Bubonic Plague Playground...I'll pass. HA! Though we do pass Foulweather Bluff, standing waves and all.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Yay! Gov. Hogan (MD) has lifted the recreational boating ban as of tomorrow, but with appropriate sensible safe measures to be taken.
MD Safe Boating.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
JBrooks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cedar Creek Marina, Old Hickory Lake, Mt. Juliet, TN

Post by JBrooks »

I've never seen more boats on Tennessee lakes in my life. Every weekend is 4th of July packed.
JB
Floridays
2004 Albin 30FC
Perkins M265TI
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I've never seen more boats on Tennessee lakes in my life. Every weekend is 4th of July packed
Yeah, folks getting pretty stir crazy after two months. Like I've said, we end our winter/spring boating season on the local lake after Cinco De Mayo (May 5th) regardless once the temps start topping 100, COVID or no COVID. It gets to be a zoo with loud cig boats & water skiers & not fun anyway. This will be an RV year for us camping up in the cool pines of northern AZ when not at home enjoying the pool & sipping frozen Margaritas. Then we'll see how things are in the fall. Lake Powell or maybe California Delta from Stockton down to the Bay Area? All TBD. Then maybe Triangle Loop next year? Let all those folks ignore their social distancing. Just stay the eff away from me.

At least with MD & the Chesapeake there's the wide open bay & tons of isolated gunkholes to anchor in.
DSCN2886.JPG

As things open up there's still a reason to avoid buffet restaurants. No wonder people get sick on cruise ships! I'll do my cruising on my own boat, thank you very much.

Watch this experiment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDxfL4oL36I
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

JBrooks wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:33 pm I've never seen more boats on Tennessee lakes in my life. Every weekend is 4th of July packed.
Ditto here. We went out Saturday for an afternoon on the hook and same thing, was 100% more like mid-July than mid-May....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “General Discussion”