• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

31 te dockside water

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

got2dive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: none

31 te dockside water

Post by got2dive »

Im looking to install dockside water hookup on my 2001 31 te but cant seem to find a good spot.has anyone installed one any pictures would help.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 31 te dockside water

Post by zinbaad »

I would be concerned with an in hull blow out of water if the plastic piping or fittings fail & blow because of the water pressure. There must be some type of check valves to set up
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

zinbaad wrote:I would be concerned with an in hull blow out of water if the plastic piping or fittings fail & blow because of the water pressure. There must be some type of check valves to set up
Normally the inlet also has a pressure regulator. That and "best practice" is to disconnect or shut off the city water when you're not aboard. We use one of those quick connect type hose fittings and disconnect the hose when we leave the boat, for just the reason you mention.

The OP's looking for the best location on a 31TE. I'm a bit surprised the boat doesn't already have one.

We have a 35 so our layout is different. What I can tell you is you want it somewhere that you have a cold water line nearby since you'll "T" into that AND have it where you won't step on the hose/fitting. I've broken two as they sit just below the main step that we use for boarding! :(

Here's the quick connect fitting I use. It's nice since it has a built in "stop" so you don't have to shut off the water when you disconnect it.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Melnor-Quick ... /100659514

I don't use the brass version any more. The salt environment just beats them up and they don't last long.

For the inlet I have this:

http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?pa ... 6&id=10361

There are other, similar units, including straight and 90 degree outlets (piped side, behind the bulkhead), whichever works better for you.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

yea we turn off the water and disconnect when we aren't on board (actually our marina requires it). usually do so overnight when we are on board since for normal o/n stuff the factory tank is enough. On our 28 its right next to the water fill and has the vent there as well. hasent been a problem so far. I visited Tagteams boat over the weekend and his is right below the shorepower which is kinda nice cuz its right at the back of the boat...if I were doing it myself that's where I would put it. then your power and water can be bundled up.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by kowal_53 »

My 2008 has the dock side attachment below the step on the starboard side, facing toward the port side. (The step is just where the cabin and back deck is, so you can walk up to the front of the boat) A fresh water spigot is there too facing aft. I will try ti get you a picture, but it is too windy to go today. The raw water spigot is on the port side.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP

Return to “General Discussion”