• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

can anyone help me with solving this code.

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

swordfish
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Den Helder. "Onrust" marina

can anyone help me with solving this code.

Post by swordfish »

when I was sanding down my hull in prep for painting, suddenly a code start to appear from under the paint. I have found no paperwork on this issue on board and I had no idea what it was. So I started searching on the Albin forum.
I've found something about it but I don't understand it fully yet.

As an example there was:
#AUL33125J102
AUL = Albin
33 = Model - 33+3 Express Trawler
125 = 25th built - Albin always started production with hull 101
J = Month Hull molded - October (J is 10th letter in alphabet
1 = Year Hull molded - 2001
02 = 2002 Model Year

My hull number is
#EUR 32 110 0 2 78

if I apply above decryption to my hull number I run against a number of things.

EUR= Browns marine inc FL.
32=model 32
110= 10th built
0=?? its not a letter?
2=year hull molded 2002
78=1978 model year (or 2078)

:?: So I don't have a Albin. :?: its not a 33 trawler model. :?: zero is not a letter if I pretend its an O, it must by a 15th month. :lol: ?septembruary or marchtember depending its a leap year?. :lol: its a 78 model but the hull is only 15 years old. :?:

:mrgreen: in that case they have done a great job letting it look like a 39year old boat :mrgreen:

I think I'm doing something wrong
can somebody help me :wink:
this boat is a status symbol, it symbolizes that I have no more money
Collision regulations: When in danger or in doubt, run is circles, scream and shout!
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: can anyone help me with solving this code.

Post by DougSea »

Hi Swordfish,

Well, you're probably sorta on the right path - The example you reference above is for a US boat HIN (Hull Identification Number). Being uncertain of where your boat was manufactured and which model you have it is entirely possible the number you have was assigned and etched into the hull when the boat was imported into the Netherlands. I tried looking for European codes, but the info was all over the place. There is apparently an EU spec "Craft ID" but I didn't have a lot of luck with that.

Where is the number located? HINs are normally found high on the transom on the starboard side, moulded into the hull.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “General Discussion”