• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

fuel sheen coming from exhaust

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Magnarae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford NY

fuel sheen coming from exhaust

Post by Magnarae »

I noticed a heavy sheen coming from my exhaust when I started the boat to haul it for the winter. I have always noticed a slight sheen, but nothing like this past time. The boat has a 2002 315 Yanmar with approx. 650 hours. The valve seals and timing belt where changed two years ago. The engine runs like a top. I thought it might be a fuel injector, but wouldn't the boat run rough? This is my first diesel. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? I attached a link to a video I uploaded to YouTube

https://youtu.be/El188eBwsFE
Bjorn B
2002 28 TE Engine Box
315 Yanmar
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: fuel sheen coming from exhaust

Post by Russell »

This might just be normal until the engine warms up. It indicates unburnt fuel and if it persists after the engine is warm it may also be due to a dirty air filter.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Magnarae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford NY

Re: fuel sheen coming from exhaust

Post by Magnarae »

Russ it definitely dissipates when she warms up. I always see a little bit, but this just looked to be more than I was used to seeing.
Bjorn B
2002 28 TE Engine Box
315 Yanmar

Return to “General Discussion”