• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Engine removal in flush deck model

gcmarshall
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Barbados

Engine removal in flush deck model

Post by gcmarshall »

I have a 2005 Albin 28 with 315 Yanmar.

The engine is working fine, but I have this boat for life, and it is doing commercial fishing putting on 10 hours a day, so I anticipate putting on about 2500 hours per year. Therefore at some point, will need to pull the engine for repairs/replacement.

How easy is this to do with the flush mount model. I'm assuming a crane can lift it up through the opening in the floor, even though it is slightly offset of that.....or do folks have to remove the cabin for additional clearance?
bobm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Savannah, GA.

Re: Engine removal in flush deck model

Post by bobm »

My Volvo D6 was removed and replaced in 2015. It can be removed through the flush deck engine hatch but some components such as air filter have to be removed to get it through the hole. Local marina did the job with some help from my Volvo dealer's mechanic. Engine had to be moved a bit sideways and then up and out by the boom truck. Not easy but can be done.

Bob
gcmarshall
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Barbados

Re: Engine removal in flush deck model

Post by gcmarshall »

Good to know that a truck can get the job done. There definitely isn't much clearance!

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”