• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Weight of an Albin 35 TE Twin Cummins?

DKramer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito

Weight of an Albin 35 TE Twin Cummins?

Post by DKramer »

Can anyone tell me the weight of an Albin 35 TE with twin Cummins? I am in the middle of a nightmare with the overland shipper.
rcwhite
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southport Maine

Re: Weight of an Albin 35 TE Twin Cummins?

Post by rcwhite »

Specs call for 18,000 lbs. The actual weight can vary quite a bit
based on how much fuel and water is in the tanks. Ex full water tanks
account for 1300 lbs and fuel around 2600 lbs. I would expect the
yard that lifts it would be able to tell you what the actual weight at
the time is but you can make some reasonable assumptions based
on the specs and loading.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Weight of an Albin 35 TE Twin Cummins?

Post by whwells »

DKRAMER: You are indeed overloaded for the 2 axle trailer. Suggest you do have it moved to a larger commercial goose neck trailer. I previously moved a 35te Sportfisher Flybridge across the country in 2010. We removed the flybridge placed it in a special constructed crate up on the goose neck and moved forward. Even with all the prep.
we still had some issues across the country.
We did move many years ago a 29 Lurhs from Mobile with a duel axle 3500 series. That was a stretch as well
but in both cases we got to the west coast. Locate the boat make the changes and bit the bullet. You have a great boat and ti will be more than worthwhile on your arrival in SF.
I am in Trinidad and down your way for depositions I still do for my sons practice. Would love to see your boat.
It will work out.
Howard

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”