• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28 TE, Engine Box Auto Fire Extinguishing

carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

28 TE, Engine Box Auto Fire Extinguishing

Post by carolmarie »

I've searched the forum and cannot find any specifics for an automatic fire extinguishing system for my 28TE, engine box model. I'm thinking the engine room volume cannot be greater than 175 cubic feet (and likely less than 100 cu. ft.). Comments please. Thanks, Don.
jetter
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Skerryvore , Ontario

Re: 28 TE, Engine Box Auto Fire Extinguishing

Post by jetter »

The factory installed unit on Ruddy Duck was 275 cf. It was installed under the top of the engine box where the first owner advised it did not want to stay. The unit has been moved to the bulkhead under the air filter (horizontal installation) and upgraded to current suppressant. I also installed an automatic engine shut system as the bottle location would probably mean the suppressant would be sucked into the engine if still running.
Russell
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Re: 28 TE, Engine Box Auto Fire Extinguishing

Post by carolmarie »

Russell: thank you for your prompt response. I'm really surprised at the cubic foot capacity! Don.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”